Trivia

rico

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Yes!

Jake Scott 

Terrell Davis 

Hines Ward 

Also, the only high school you didn't get is the alma mater of 2 players named in the college question.

Took a guess and looked  to see if I was right, ended up finding a 4th high school. Also involving a player listed.

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

Took a guess and look to see if I was right, ended up finding a 4th high school. Also involving a player listed.

Good catch...

Lynn Swann and Tom Brady both went to Serra High School in San Mateo...

My eyes ain't what they used to be 🧐

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, rico said:

I just seen where Castellanos and Winker were voted in as starters for the ASG.  When was the last time the Reds had 2 outfielders start an ASG?  And name them.

I'm assuming the 70's gang....but maybe that's the point of the question to throw us off. No clue for me!

33 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So that means 50s or 60s...Only other Reds outfielder that I can think of worthy of AS status would be Gus Bell? No idea on the year though...

That be it...Frank Robinson and Gus Bell.  The year was 1956.  Dad said it was one helluva pennant race in the NL.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rico said:

That be it...Frank Robinson and Gus Bell.  The year was 1956.  Dad said it was one helluva pennant race in the NL.

I know the Dodgers won the pennant in 56 (the year after they'd FINALLY beaten the Yankees in the World Series), then lost to the Yankees in the World Series...The Dodgers next to last year in Brooklyn...

7 hours ago, rico said:

Whenever you nixed the 70s, I did think of a somewhat obscure pair of Reds OF All Stars, just not starters: 1995, Ron Gant and Reggie Sanders. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

Whenever you nixed the 70s, I did think of a somewhat obscure pair of Reds OF All Stars, just not starters: 1995, Ron Gant and Reggie Sanders. 

If I had not known the answer my 1st guess would have been Foster and Griffey Sr in 1981.