Trivia

rico

On 6/29/2021 at 7:11 AM, rico said:

On the HS question I would assume that the Mannings went to the same school.

I am also pretty sure that Brees and Foles went to the same HS.

My cousin is a doc in Austin. He’s told me about that high school, I want to say it’s called Westlake.  It’s a big deal high school down there.  

22 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

My cousin is a doc in Austin. He’s told me about that high school, I want to say it’s called Westlake.  It’s a big deal high school down there.  

Yep, have a former coworker/friend that now lives in Houston that went there. Wasn't there with Brees but did remember Angels pitcher Huston Street, who is also an alum. 

And yes, they basically kick ass at nearly everything, athletic and academic. 

• Like 1

I stumbled across this one looking up MLB draft history.

There have only been 10 instances where a team has hit back-to-back-to-back-to-back HRs.  4 HRs in a row or 4 consecutive HRs.  But only 1 player has been involved in one of those instances twice.  That is to say that he hit 1 of the 4 HRs 2 different times.  Name that player.  

Hints:  He did it on 2 different teams and he had an odd draft history.

2 hours ago, rico said:

I stumbled across this one looking up MLB draft history.

There have only been 10 instances where a team has hit back-to-back-to-back-to-back HRs.  4 HRs in a row or 4 consecutive HRs.  But only 1 player has been involved in one of those instances twice.  That is to say that he hit 1 of the 4 HRs 2 different times.  Name that player.  

Hints:  He did it on 2 different teams and he had an odd draft history.

Deion Sanders

25 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Couldn't have been any of the first 3 teams that did it (Braves, Twinks, Tribe) because they all did it in the pre draft era...

I knew those 3, but geez, 7 others have done it now? Shows where my trivia knowledge stops...

He got drafted in the 1st round twice.

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Lol...he's the only guy I knew that was drafted twice in the first round...I'd imagine there were others...

LOL....that is how I got the question.  The Reds #1 pick this year, Matt McClain, was picked in the 1st round by the D-backs in 2018.  

It is also worth noting that Drew's brother, Steven, has been part of 4 dongs in a row.

32 minutes ago, rico said:

LOL....that is how I got the question.  The Reds #1 pick this year, Matt McClain, was picked in the 1st round by the D-backs in 2018.  

It is also worth noting that Drew's brother, Steven, has been part of 4 dongs in a row.

JD Drew was one of those guys that could have been much better if he had his head on right...he was kinda a diva and an "all about me" type when he was with the Cards...all my wife's family (all Cards fans) hated him...