Trivia

rico

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Yes it is. The greatest player IMO that I have seen play live or even during my time being old enough to judge. Injury and playing the game the right way kept him from breaking so many records. 

I only guessed him because it was the only #1 draft pick I could think of off the top of my head. haha. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Exactly. The fun part of the trivia question is there's only been two others. Baines and Chipper.....and all 3 didn't get until the last 5 years I believe.

It was kind of a trick question, but you got to remember the MLB draft isn't that old.  Started in '66?  I know Rick Monday was the 1st pick in the 1st draft.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rico said:

It was kind of a trick question, but you got to remember the MLB draft isn't that old.  Started in '66?  I know Rick Monday was the 1st pick in the 1st draft.

When I first saw the question I thought Griffey....but I also wanted to say Winfield because I think he's the only guy to ever be drafted by 4 leagues but he wasn't picked until 4th in 73 draft. Some guy named Robin Yount was picked ahead of him. Haha.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

When I first saw the question I thought Griffey....but I also wanted to say Winfield because I think he's the only guy to ever be drafted by 4 leagues but he wasn't picked until 4th in 73 draft. Some guy named Robin Yount was picked ahead of him. Haha.

Whenever I hear #1 pick and MLB, Bill Almon is the 1st guy I think of.  Marty always brought it up when the Reds played the Padres.  

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I only guessed him because it was the only #1 draft pick I could think of off the top of my head. haha. 

I knew it wasn't Rick Monday (who I think was the first ever overall #1 in 65 or 66)!

But he did keep a flag from getting burned, so hats off to him...🇺🇸

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I knew it wasn't Rick Monday (who I think was the first ever overall #1 in 65 or 66)!

But he did keep a flag from getting burned, so hats off to him...🇺🇸

Baseball, hell sports in general, could use a few more Rick Mondays.

• Like 3