Trivia

rico

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Last I heard she was granted a new trial but don't know if anything was overturned.

I didn't watch it all the way to the end.  Seems they got their killer for sure based on the evidence.  Ole Shaun came across as an absolute a-hole to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

I didn't watch it all the way to the end.  Seems they got their killer for sure based on the evidence.  Ole Shaun came across as an absolute a-hole to me.

They could do a 30 for 30 just on the Bears D alone. Loved them dearly....but a few of the guys wouldn't have made it in the social media world we live in now. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

They could do a 30 for 30 just on the Bears D alone. Loved them dearly....but a few of the guys wouldn't have made it in the social media world we live in now. 

You got that right... remember the Mongo/Angel Hernandez deal?

Angel was giving him the tough guy look...from a distance...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Never would guess that this is Mongo now, very sad

Former Chicago Bear Steve 'Mongo' McMichael reveals he is battling ALS |  WGN-TV

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/emotional-fundraiser-held-to-support-mcmichael

Edited by Billingsley99
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Never would guess that this is Mongo now, very sad

Former Chicago Bear Steve 'Mongo' McMichael reveals he is battling ALS |  WGN-TV

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/emotional-fundraiser-held-to-support-mcmichael

I didn't know Mongo had ALS. That's what my Dad passed away from at the age of 60 in 1988...

When I took a pic of that IU-Syracuse hat it reminded me of Dad. He was so happy after that game...a little over a year later he was gone...terrible disease...

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I didn't know Mongo had ALS. That's what my Dad passed away from at the age of 60 in 1988...

When I took a pic of that IU-Syracuse hat it reminded me of Dad. He was so happy after that game...a little over a year later he was gone...terrible disease...

I heard Dakich talking about it a month or so ago and I was just shocked. One of our neighbors died a couple years ago from it at age 45. I lost my Dad in 1991 when he was 42 no matter how old or how young we are that loss is so devastating.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

It's been hard seeing him over last few months. Plenty of fundraisers for him....but he's the definition of quality over quantity. I don't think he would change a thing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Remember it like it was yesterday....and decades later Hernandez is still one of the worst guys going. Mongo basically invented him that night. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

What Big 10 men's basketball player won the Big 10 Player of the Year honor despite only playing in 6 conference games?

Honestly no clue. Has to be either an injury or maybe some other extra circumstance where it was a lifetime achievement award. Good question. Can't wait for the answer. 

59 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just before my memory time.....but darn you would think I would know that. Great question and answer Rico!

IMO, Woody had the misfortune of being on 4 very underachieving teams.  With that, a lot of people overlook just how good he was as a player for us.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rico said:

IMO, Woody had the misfortune of being on 4 very underachieving teams.  With that, a lot of people overlook just how good he was as a player for us.  

Not to mention his NBA playing career...

14 ppg and just under 11,000 points total over a 13 year NBA career is nothing to sneeze at...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

That be correct, He was one of my faves

The shame about Ryan is, during some of his prime years with the Angels, they had a terrible team that was rarely, if ever, on National TV (which was about all you had for the American League at the time...the NL had WGN and TBS carrying most of the Cubs and Braves games).

Not only affected The Express's win total, but kept the viewing public from seeing a baseball marvel.

The guy was throwing 100+ when only one or two people could get it up there like that...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1