2017 College Football Thread.

rico

On 11/29/2017 at 6:48 PM, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Another guy whose name may come up, especially if Jimbo leaves FSU, is Willie Taggart. Just took the Oregon job but he's Florida born and bred and has excellent contacts there.

Four years from now texas A&M will be under investigation by the NCAA. Write it down. Too much money floating around from boosters and I am not sure his moral compass is where it should be. Maybe he will prove me wrong. But that is a very frustrating job in Texas football.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a lifelong Canes fan I am pretty shocked a FSU coach chose to leave for A&M....but not shocked Jimbo chose to leave. Given the off the field stuff with his ex-wife maybe he's just looking for a change of scenery. Writing has been on the wall all season. Stopped recruiting about 45 days ago. 

Taggart could be dangerous at FSU. Tough part for FSU is they can almost expect to lose multiple recruits. Next years class won't be much better. Might be 3-4 years before FSU get back to what they expect. Perfect time for Canes to ride this wave of momentum.

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

As a lifelong Canes fan I am pretty shocked a FSU coach chose to leave for A&M....but not shocked Jimbo chose to leave. Given the off the field stuff with his ex-wife maybe he's just looking for a change of scenery. Writing has been on the wall all season. Stopped recruiting about 45 days ago. 

Taggart could be dangerous at FSU. Tough part for FSU is they can almost expect to lose multiple recruits. Next years class won't be much better. Might be 3-4 years before FSU get back to what they expect. Perfect time for Canes to ride this wave of momentum.

Let’s see if Charlie Strong does not end up at Florida.

Ohio State vs Wisconsin..... proof, once again that the East Division of the B1G is the dominant division in the B1G.   And.... what division does IU play in ?   Yep.  Not saying we should not be there.   Just saying.... well, you all know what I am saying.  We just have to improve is all. 

59 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Ohio State vs Wisconsin..... proof, once again that the East Division of the B1G is the dominant division in the B1G.   And.... what division does IU play in ?   Yep.  Not saying we should not be there.   Just saying.... well, you all know what I am saying.  We just have to improve is all. 

I stand by my belief that we have to quit chasing the rank of a player and continually recruit big frame under weight kids who have good athleticism and then develope them. None of this “how many stars does he have” really matters after the sophomore season if the coach has a real player development program. We can develope second team depth and compete but we can not do it by recruiting head to head against the elite programs.

19 minutes ago, Payday said:

I stand by my belief that we have to quit chasing the rank of a player and continually recruit big frame under weight kids who have good athleticism and then develope them. None of this “how many stars does he have” really matters after the sophomore season if the coach has a real player development program. We can develope second team depth and compete but we can not do it by recruiting head to head against the elite programs.

It has been my thought for years, regardless of stars..... the more players we can pilfer from the state of Ohio..... the better.  Kind of like other schools coming to Indiana for basketball players.  You are from Texas. I think you know what I am saying, in that certain states in terms of football just have an understanding of what it takes to develop players. 

I agree with this whole heartedly.  Essentially that is what Wisc has done and it is playing big dividends now.

32 minutes ago, Payday said:

The thing that bothers me is how two-faced OSU fans are about the whole thing.

2016: They can't take a two-loss conference champion over a one-loss team. Two losses is two losses!

2017: They can't take a one-loss team over a two-loss conference champion. Conference titles matter!

I'm interested to see how the goalposts are moved to accommodate the Buckeyes next year.

16 minutes ago, rico said:

Just messing with you.  But UCF should have been in.  

I will admit.... I am easy to mess with.... just ask my family.  LOL

Just want to add what a great member you have been.  We all (the moderators) appreciate what you bring to the board, each and every day. 

Archived