Your Other Starting 5

WH671

3 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

By what measure? Are you just looking at scoring? Vic is the quintessential two-way player, he flat out shut down other teams' scorers, while being one of IU's top scorers by his junior year and shooting like 43% from the arc. This also goes to how we personally, subjectively, value players - if you consider both sides of the ball, it's pretty hard not to consider Vic one of IU's best ever. 

Looking up at your post above, you're only looking at offensive stats.

That is the thing others(Vic) have on one of my favorite players in Buckner. Buckner commanded the floor like no other I've seen. I. Thomas was very good at it also. Both had the complete confidence of their coach.

Buckner was everything but a scorer, Vic, IT, others are much more well rounded. If you were at IU at that time everything since is subject to that measuring stick.

I know not everyone had that opportunity  and I very much appreciate and understand all the perspectives of other time frames.

Also, I find myself watching a lot of the 92 team.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, WH671 said:

That is the thing others(Vic) have on one of my favorite players in Buckner. Buckner commanded the floor like no other I've seen. I. Thomas was very good at it also. Both had the complete confidence of their coach.

Buckner was everything but a scorer, Vic, IT, others are much more well rounded. If you were at IU at that time everything since is subject to that measuring stick.

I know not everyone had that opportunity  and I very much appreciate and understand all the perspectives of other time frames.

Also, I find myself watching a lot of the 92 team.

And correct me if i'm wrong, but i remember Buckner played one or two years of football at IU and was an all-conference safety

Archived