Good news keeps coming

19 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I have heard of "Porkchop".  But must confess... never heard of him referred to as Jay Leno. 

Nothing about a pay increase., as to amount.

Purdue signs contract extension with basketball coach Painter | 2018-10-12 | Indianapolis Business Journal | IBJ.com

Thanks for the info, Fundy.

$2.5M ——> $2.8M

Moves Jay to 18th.  I didn’t realize Holtman was raking paper quite like that.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/college-basketball/2018/03/01/highest-paid-college-basketball-coaches-salaries-mike-krzyewski-john-calipari

2 hours ago, CrimsonV said:

$2.5M ——> $2.8M

Moves Jay to 18th.  I didn’t realize Holtman was raking paper quite like that.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/college-basketball/2018/03/01/highest-paid-college-basketball-coaches-salaries-mike-krzyewski-john-calipari

Is that list accurate? Would have thought I'd see Roy Williams, Chris Mack, Jay Wright and others on there representing some of the top basketball programs in the country on that list too. 

Also, yea Holtman's salary seems REALLY high. Granted, it looks like OSU made a solid hire based off of recent success already and his track record at Butler, but he wasn't exactly elite coaching material walking into the OSU gig. Honestly, they probably churn out so much football money they figure what the heck might as well...  

1 hour ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Is that list accurate? Would have thought I'd see Roy Williams, Chris Mack, Jay Wright and others on there representing some of the top basketball programs in the country on that list too. 

Also, yea Holtman's salary seems REALLY high. Granted, it looks like OSU made a solid hire based off of recent success already and his track record at Butler, but he wasn't exactly elite coaching material walking into the OSU gig. Honestly, they probably churn out so much football money they figure what the heck might as well...  

It’s accurate.  Mack’s deal was done after article publish date.  He’s at $4M.  Wright is at $2.6M and ol’ Roy is at $2.1M.  Must be a helluva kickback going down at UNC.

4 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

It’s accurate.  Mack’s deal was done after article publish date.  He’s at $4M.  Wright is at $2.6M and ol’ Roy is at $2.1M.  Must be a helluva kickback going down at UNC.

Roy gets $500,000 for every 'A'  earned by a player taking a fake class.

Holtmann's contract pays him around $2.7M a year with some deferred comp bringing it to around $3M this year.  The $7M is what it cost OSU, and included the buyout paid to Butler and the taxes on the buyout, which of course Holtmann never saw.  Good money for sure but he's not being paid like the big guys.

35 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Holtmann's contract pays him around $2.7M a year with some deferred comp bringing it to around $3M this year.  The $7M is what it cost OSU, and included the buyout paid to Butler and the taxes on the buyout, which of course Holtmann never saw.  Good money for sure but he's not being paid like the big guys.

https://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2018/02/02/ohio-state-basketball-coach-chris-holtmanns-eight.html

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

I thought I was losing my mind. Thanks for clearing that up.

10 hours ago, Lurker said:

Makes a lot more sense.  

Archived