Iowa Game Thread

KDB

The defense has been bad today but the Offense needs to improve greatly if we’re gonna win games. I really wish there we’re competent sports writers who would hold Allen’s feet to the fire about DeBord. No one asks him to justify the play calling. The guy can’t coach and we’re left to pretend it’s because of the personnel on the field. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

We're not playing good, but in the post before mine you literally complained about 2 bad calls in the same post.

1 or 2 bad calls are not why we are playing like crap.  Should have been a defensive hold on that 3rd down pass and the spot was questionable but so was the play calling on 3rd and short as well.

4 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

The defense has been bad today but the Offense needs to improve greatly if we’re gonna win games. I really wish there we’re competent sports writers who would hold Allen’s feet to the fire about DeBord. No one asks him to justify the play calling. The guy can’t coach and we’re left to pretend it’s because of the personnel on the field. 

Amen. I've never seen a person who has "failed up" so many times. He should be out of football.

1 hour ago, KDB said:

Tom Allen challenges the ruling of a Touchdown.

Challenge fails.

Really stupid to challenge the call there.  Already one call not overturned, for insufficient evidence.  And say the challenge was won.... Iowa still would have had the ball deep. And the worst thing about calling a timeout to challenge, is that it cost IU a timeout early in the game. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

1 or 2 bad calls are not why we are playing like crap.  Should have been a defensive hold on that 3rd down pass and the spot was questionable but so was the play calling on 3rd and short as well.

You won't find anybody who hates our offensive play calling more than me. It's been terrible for a year and a half, and the first half was no exception.

Having said that, the refs are still a joke this game. We're playing bad enough on our own, we don't need the refs helping.

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Really stupid to challenge the call there.  Already one call not overturned, for insufficient evidence.  And say the challenge was won.... Iowa still would have had the ball deep. And the worst thing about calling a timeout to challenge, is that it cost IU a timeout early in the game. 

That challenge was not smart.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:
  • If I am not mistaken Bell the WR from Warren Central is at this game and it is not a very good game for him to see IU play.  Between the horrible play and a crowd that is not to impressive especially for a home coming does not bode well for us to get him.

Lists normally have more than one bullet.  :coffee:

Iowa plays a very basic game but teams have not been really successful stopping it for years.  On offense they have a zone blocking scheme and it has worked for years.  They use two TE and a full back a lot of times like the old days and it works.  They don't have to spread you out and go from the shot gun on every play to be successful and wish IU would build a program like them.

Archived