Best Job In The B1G

5fouls

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could be wrong. However, I did not take all those knock comments seriously.  Though I thought each and every one of them was seriously funny.  Kind of like good nature ribbing. 

But I have always been one to view satire and comedy a little differently than most.  Like the very first post Colonial Crester  ( out intrepid founder ) made on John Decker's Hoosier Nation on the old Scout site.  Which got CC banned after one post.  JD just did not understand the humor behind the post.  And I had to work hard in order to get CC reinstated. 

I had to do some searching but found a couple more quotes that were left out.

"Having all the dusty old banners hanging really bothered my allergies."

"Being the Coach at Purdue i have only been able to see National Championship banners for the women's team, coming into Assembly Hall and seeing 5 banners is not only intimidating but also arousing.  to not be embarrassed i have to sit the entire game. "

16 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

The recruiting base ranking for Purdue makes zero sense. 

I think the ranking is based on the fact where Purdue is positioned historically, they are competing against IU and ND for in-state.  I think they are saying Purdue is at a disadvantage because of this.  Not 100%, but just a guess as to why it was different.

12 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

I think the ranking is based on the fact where Purdue is positioned historically, they are competing against IU and ND for in-state.  I think they are saying Purdue is at a disadvantage because of this.  Not 100%, but just a guess as to why it was different.

ND for in-state?  Historically?  Nah, I don't think so Tim.

1 hour ago, rico said:

ND for in-state?  Historically?  Nah, I don't think so Tim.

Can't list all the Indiana guys that played for ND, but I remember well that at one point, they had both Luke Zeller and Luke Haragody at the same time so at least at times, they've recruited Indiana pretty effectively to the detriment of other state schools.

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Can't list all the Indiana guys that played for ND, but I remember well that at one point, they had both Luke Zeller and Luke Haragody at the same time so at least at times, they've recruited Indiana pretty effectively to the detriment of other state schools.

Did IU or Purdue want Luke Zeller?

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

The list is very short.  

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Did IU or Purdue want Luke Zeller?

Well at the time, he was Indiana's Mr. Basketball and a McDonald's All-American so it's hard to imagine they had no interest.  I do remember him having a Kansas offer.  They may have not made an offer because Luke showed no interest.

10 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Wouldn't surprise me.  I don't think they ever got over Eric Gordon. 

The vitriol hurled IU's way after Gordon left Illinois in the dust for IU was epic.  I am sure, many long time Illini fans have yet to get  over it.  And BAM learned a harsh lesson.... understand you are dealing with teenagers who can change their mind in a flash, or over night ( the Jeffries rule )...  and the lesson is :  always have a back up plan.  Which BAM never had at the time. 

Let us not forget how the Illinois fans treated the Gordon family in the stands, when IU went to visit. 

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Well at the time, he was Indiana's Mr. Basketball and a McDonald's All-American so it's hard to imagine they had no interest.  I do remember him having a Kansas offer.  They may have not made an offer because Luke showed no interest.

IIRC....Kansas and Mizzou were after him.  No Purdue or IU.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

The vitriol hurled IU's way after Gordon left Illinois in the dust for IU was epic.  I am sure, many long time Illini fans have yet to get  over it.  And BAM learned a harsh lesson.... understand you are dealing with teenagers who can change their mind in a flash, or over night ( the Jeffries rule )...  and the lesson is :  always have a back up plan.  Which BAM never had at the time. 

Let us not forget how the Illinois fans treated the Gordon family in the stands, when IU went to visit. 

Had Jeffries really been considered a Duke lock all along?  I thought he was maybe favoring them slightly in the end but that it had been a very tough decision for him for months.  Quite unlike TJD who has been by all accounts a huge IU lean for over a year.

Archived