Zach McRoberts / Scholarship

When what's his name left the program, I proposed that his scholarship go to Zach.  It would not have been a first time that a walk on had earned a scolly through hard work at IU.  In my mind Zach earned getting a scolly.

---------------------------------------

TDH.  Darn you. It's getting to the point, especially with the season fast approaching, that I am addicted to your very fine articles.  All I can say is.... keep it up.  A day without TDH is like a day without sunshine. 

14 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

When what's his name left the program, I proposed that his scholarship go to Zach.  It would not have been a first time that a walk on had earned a scolly through hard work at IU.  In my mind Zach earned getting a scolly.

---------------------------------------

TDH.  Darn you. It's getting to the point, especially with the season fast approaching, that I am addicted to your very fine articles.  All I can say is.... keep it up.  A day without TDH is like a day without sunshine. 

Ha ha.  You Colorado folks don't know anything about a day without sunshine.

There's literally nothing stopping Archie from paying Zach back after he graduates. I'm sure it would be, technically, an infraction of some kind but it's completely undetectable and unenforceable even if it somehow was deemed against the rules. With DeRon on the mend bringing in Fitzner was crucial. Archie is already quoted in saying he doesn't like to fill all 13 scholarships so I suspect at some point in the near future he'll have his roster figured out where he only has 11-12 guys and one would be available for situations like this.

1 minute ago, Hoosier82 said:

There's literally nothing stopping Archie from paying Zach back after he graduates. I'm sure it would be, technically, an infraction of some kind but it's completely undetectable and unenforceable even if it somehow was deemed against the rules. With DeRon on the mend bringing in Fitzner was crucial. Archie is already quoted in saying he doesn't like to fill all 13 scholarships so I suspect at some point in the near future he'll have his roster figured out where he only has 11-12 guys and one would be available for situations like this.

My guess and speculation is that when Zach's playing days are over....he will certainly have a place at IU on our staff or in some capacity involved with IU. He'll get his pay later. They all do!

4 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

This is one of the dumber “controversies” there’s been on this board in a while.  The kid didn’t ask for a scholarship, and Archie didn’t offer one.  I don’t get the uproar.

I'll readily admit he deserves one but agree...it wasn't asked for or offered. No reason for fans to be upset. Interesting back story though...his brother sure didn't have that level of maturity or heart at that age.

21 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

This is one of the dumber “controversies” there’s been on this board in a while.  The kid didn’t ask for a scholarship, and Archie didn’t offer one.  I don’t get the uproar.

I tried not to reply because I think we discussed it enough last Spring. My opinion hasn't changed. Zach accepted the terms. No need to change. 

14 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Let's be honest.  Considering Ginger is now 84 years old and Mary Ann is 79, it basically comes down to which one has the bigger bankroll and which is more likely to leave it to me.  

In your case, wouldn't it be the one with the worst divorce lawyer? :coffee:

Archived