Things to ponder.

rico

21 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Not trying to be a jerk, honestly trying to be helpful (I work in the health/wellness space), those Naked Brand Smoothies aren't really healthy. They have tons and tons of sugar and preservatives and are made with soy/whey protein, as opposed to a clean plant-based protein. 

Love that you're focusing on health, and sounds like you have a great eating schedule, so just wanted to help if I could. 

They're healthier compared to what I would otherwise eat.  xD

They are actually preservative free (unless you count ascorbic acid as a preservative), with no added sugar aside from what's already in the fruit.  Still high in sugar? Sure, but again, it's an improvement over what I'd normally eat.  Protein source doesn't bother me. 

Edit: And I'm down 12-15 lbs since January, with 10 points off my blood pressure with no other significant changes.  Like I said, I in no way endorse or encourage anyone to try this, but for me, overall, it's been an improvement.  Is it ideal? Probably not, but I'll take progress in the right direction over nothing.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

They're healthier compared to what I would otherwise eat.  xD

They are actually preservative free (unless you count ascorbic acid as a preservative), with no added sugar aside from what's already in the fruit.  Still high in sugar? Sure, but again, it's an improvement over what I'd normally eat.  Protein source doesn't bother me. 

Sounds good. If it's working for you, then that's most important. 

41 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Sounds good. If it's working for you, then that's most important. 

And I know it's not a permanent solution.  But, if I'm able to drop 25 lbs over the course of a year, that puts me in a better place to start with a next step. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived