Things to ponder.

rico

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Going to take the long way to get there.

50 years ago we put a man on the moon.

For over a 100 years we been able to get a plane off the ground and into the air.

We can find a genetic mutation on a gene which our Dr told us was like looking for 1 typo in a library with 33000 books each book with 33000 pages and 33000 letters on each page.

I can send a message around the world and the receiver have it almost instantaneously.

With all of these plus millions of other marvels in this world

Please tell me why we cannot fix a freaking POTHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blew out a tire yesterday and that is 3 in the past 9 months all in Indianapolis. 86th st is so bad right now that after my flat I spoke with a police officer that was nice enough to offer assistance. Next time I need to take this route my butt will be driving on the sidewalk and I am not joking one bit. Surely someone can figure it out. If not I am quitting my job locking myself in the basement and heading to see Mark Cuban on Shark Tank with the solution. I am so OVER this mess. 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

For over a 100 years we been able to get a plane off the ground and into the air.

We can find a genetic mutation on a gene which our Dr told us was like looking for 1 typo in a library with 33000 books each book with 33000 pages and 33000 letters on each page.

I can send a message around the world and the receiver have it almost instantaneously.

Blew out a tire yesterday and that is 3 in the past 9 months all in Indianapolis. 86th st is so bad right now that after my flat I spoke with a police officer that was nice enough to offer assistance. Next time I need to take this route my butt will be driving on the sidewalk and I am not joking one bit. Surely someone can figure it out. If not I am quitting my job locking myself in the basement and heading to see Mark Cuban on Shark Tank with the solution. I am so OVER this mess. 

Part of my commute is hwy 50.  There is a stretch where both sides of the road is bordered by trees.  This section is disintegrating.  I have to straddle the center line to avoid it when possible.  I think years of rain has eroded this section because of being bounded by trees. I have replaced tires because of this. 231 north of jasper is an absolute disaster too.  All the state does is patch it with asphalt over and over. 

If your car is damaged in any way you can file a complaint with the state for reimbursement.  Doubt as anybody gets paid though.  

Dominoes started a program last year to fix potholes.  Maybe they can help. 

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Similarly, I drive up and down I-69 between Angola and Ft. Wayne for work.

In the last 15 years, I have had to replace 3 windshields, and have had numerous chips repaired. Often, the cause is the multitude of dump trucks who refuse to follow the covered load law.

Got me to wondering.....what if I just created a sign that says "Not responsible for any damage" and used that as a general purpose motto, good for any instance or occasion. I would never need to hire a lawyer to defend me, wouldn't need my umbrella liability policy, and could wreak havoc wherever with no fears of repercussion.

Can't believe this hasn't been tried already  

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Similarly, I drive up and down I-69 between Angola and Ft. Wayne for work.

In the last 15 years, I have had to replace 3 windshields, and have had numerous chips repaired. Often, the cause is the multitude of dump trucks who refuse to follow the covered load law.

Got me to wondering.....what if I just created a sign that says "Not responsible for any damage" and used that as a general purpose motto, good for any instance or occasion. I would never need to hire a lawyer to defend me, wouldn't need my umbrella liability policy, and could wreak havoc wherever with no fears of repercussion.

Can't believe this hasn't been tried already  

A man in southern Indian several years ago had his windshield busted from a brick that came out of a dump truck.  He called the owner of company that said not responsible.  He enacted some revenge a few months later while in his pickup truck he saw one of that company's dump truck and decided to "inadvertently "stopped too quick in from of it and got rear ended. He told us they could have apologized or offered to buy a new windshield instead they had to buy me a new truck.  I do not endorse or support this message

6 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

From an engineering perspective (and no I did not attend Purdon't) the problem of persistent pot holes is actually a form of sink holes. (Truth, don't read beyond this unless you are really bored) I Live on top of one of the last ripples left by the glaciers surprisingly called a mountain even though it is only about 400 vertical, I have several sink holes in my yard that I must attend to, the largest about 10 feet across  and about 2 feet deep. These occur because as the water seeps through all of the busted up granite it pulls dirt to some deep underground space. Same thing happens all over the planet to a bigger and smaller case as the geography allows. So a small pot hole starts from a small sink hole, and rather than fixing the problem, the DOT just packs some new asphalt in the hole as a band aide. The problem is the sink hole will just suck the band aide in as well! And if you are still reading this, I feel sorry for you! 😁

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

From an engineering perspective (and no I did not attend Purdon't) the problem of persistent pot holes is actually a form of sink holes. (Truth, don't read beyond this unless you are really bored) I Live on top of one of the last ripples left by the glaciers surprisingly called a mountain even though it is only about 400 vertical, I have several sink holes in my yard that I must attend to, the largest about 10 feet across  and about 2 feet deep. These occur because as the water seeps through all of the busted up granite it pulls dirt to some deep underground space. Same thing happens all over the planet to a bigger and smaller case as the geography allows. So a small pot hole starts from a small sink hole, and rather than fixing the problem, the DOT just packs some new asphalt in the hole as a band aide. The problem is the sink hole will just suck the band aide in as well! And if you are still reading this, I feel sorry for you! 😁

"I am stuck on band-aids because band-aids are stuck on me."  Or something to that effect.

12 hours ago, Drroogh said:

I only read it out of respect for you taking the time to respond to my rant😀 Ny Times says Indianapolis worst potholes in America.  Were #1 at something 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/12/us/potholes-snow-weather.html

• 2 weeks later...

Archived