O.T.-----Walleye

rico

Fish for Walley at Rainey lake near International Falls, Minnesota.  Use lindy rigs with night crawlers or leaches.  The spinner and floats should preferably be the color of perch!   Use a walking sinker with two feet of line behind the swivel and sinker.  Troll slowly along the shore line.  Amazing fishing and once in awhile you'll hook a small mouth or northern.  But, you will catch a lot of Walley.  Must be between 14 and 17 inches to keep which are the best eating.  That limit also ensures you catch a lot of larger Walleye!  A group of us went every June and rented a house boat and a 16 foot V-hall aluminum boat for each pair of us.  Amazing secluded fishing and scenery!  Highly recommended.

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

This from the guy who complains about OT subjects on the main board, lol

😂

I think this is his way of getting back.... . At least the way I took it.  And after I posted about the mod team being open minded. I like Rico,   but think about it. 

Payback would be moving this thread to the OT thread on the BB board, at the very least. Or to the Animal House.  

I have full trust in the current mod team to do what they feel is right.  You guys continue to do a great job.  Just as Herman Wells did, I will offer my thoughts, and leave it up to the current team  to decide. 

Again, Rico.  Love ya, man.  But, really ?  Did you have to go here ? 

7 hours ago, Drroogh said:

We have Walleye at our lake in Wisconsin, but everybody seems to have a tough time catching them. What do you use for bait?

I pay attention to the water temperature.  If it is above 50 degrees I use crawlers....below I use minnows.  I also just vertical fish for them.  I use a jiggin' rapala with a dropper hook tipped with said crawler or minnow.

6 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I think this is his way of getting back.... . At least the way I took it.  And after I posted about the mod team being open minded. I like Rico,   but think about it. 

Payback would be moving this thread to the OT thread on the BB board, at the very least. Or to the Animal House.  

I have full trust in the current mod team to do what they feel is right.  You guys continue to do a great job.  Just as Herman Wells did, I will offer my thoughts, and leave it up to the current team  to decide. 

Again, Rico.  Love ya, man.  But, really ?  Did you have to go here ? 

Love you too old man.........I blame it on my brain surgery.

I go to the Quetico most summers with my dad. It's the Canadian part of the Boundary Waters that start in northern Minnesota. A few years ago we were on an island and we wanted to catch a couple northerns for a recipe we were making because their flaky meat was what we needed. I bet we paddled and fished for half an hour and couldn't stop catching walleye. Cast after cast after cast. I bet we each caught at least 10-15.  It was unreal. They have some amazing fishing up there and some awesome scenery. I highly recommend the trip!

2 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I go to the Quetico most summers with my dad. It's the Canadian part of the Boundary Waters that start in northern Minnesota. A few years ago we were on an island and we wanted to catch a couple northerns for a recipe we were making because their flaky meat was what we needed. I bet we paddled and fished for half an hour and couldn't stop catching walleye. Cast after cast after cast. I bet we each caught at least 10-15.  It was unreal. They have some amazing fishing up there and some awesome scenery. I highly recommend the trip!

I hope the hell you kept the walleye.

24 minutes ago, rico said:

I hope the hell you kept the walleye.

We were camping on a tiny island miles from civilization and we were there for another week, so we threw them all back but the last couple.  We eventually gave up on northern and made it with walleye instead.  Such a terrible problem to have!

5 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

We were camping on a tiny island miles from civilization and we were there for another week, so we threw them all back but the last couple.  We eventually gave up on northern and made it with walleye instead.  Such a terrible problem to have!

Walleye are better eats than northern.  But having fun is the most important thing.

Archived