AP top 25 out on 10/22

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take 28th but a little salty we arent ranked. I think this list will re-consolidate pretty quickly. Fortunate that Purdue and Michigan play each other in one of the early conference games, and I'm just hoping this adds to the chip on the shoulder for us to start the season.

No problem with where we are rated in this poll. 

We are a team that made no post season tournament last year. We brought in a great recruiting class, but frankly, that is based on potential.

I think we will end up between 15-20 this year, but it has to be proven on the court. Once games start, then we can piss and moan if we are underrated.

16 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

No problem with where we are rated in this poll. 

We are a team that made no post season tournament last year. We brought in a great recruiting class, but frankly, that is based on potential.

I think we will end up between 15-20 this year, but it has to be proven on the court. Once games start, then we can piss and moan if we are underrated.

We don't need an excuse to piss and moan.

¬¬

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Because this year, he'll be the focus of every defense he faces.  His efficiency will go down.  Your goofy fans think Purdue will easily replace four senior starters...I think that's nuts.

Who thinks that? I certainly don’t. Don’t know I’ve seen many folks say we’d easiy replace four senior starters. 

7 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

They must think that highly of Carsen Edwards I guess. 

Great player for sure, but he is not Lebron so I don't get the expectation that he can do it all himself.  Not sure any other player on Purdue would crack IU's starting lineup.

5 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Who thinks that? I certainly don’t. Don’t know I’ve seen many folks say we’d easiy replace four senior starters. 

You have plenty of GBIers thinking this team is better than the last team and thinking that Carson is going to be all-world this year. Hope springs eternal especially in October, but I've witnessed a lot of unrealistic expectations among your fellow fans.  We'll see how he adjusts to being the focus of the defense.  He's a good player and this is the year he gets to prove just how good, but his supporting cast is miles behind what he had last year.

I know I know...GBI doesn't represent the fanbase...except that it does.  This last week, I've talked to three different local fans who sounded like they could be GBI regulars.  All three said Purdue would likely sweep IU this season and finish no worse than 2nd in the league.

12 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

You have plenty of GBIers thinking this team is better than the last team and thinking that Carson is going to be all-world this year. Hope springs eternal especially in October, but I've witnessed a lot of unrealistic expectations among your fellow fans.  We'll see how he adjusts to being the focus of the defense.  He's a good player and this is the year he gets to prove just how good, but his supporting cast is miles behind what he had last year.

I know I know...GBI doesn't represent the fanbase...except that it does.  This last week, I've talked to three different local fans who sounded like they could be GBI regulars.  All three said Purdue would likely sweep IU this season and finish no worse than 2nd in the league.

You are joking.....right?

Archived