AP top 25 out on 10/22

7 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

You have plenty of GBIers thinking this team is better than the last team and thinking that Carson is going to be all-world this year. Hope springs eternal especially in October, but I've witnessed a lot of unrealistic expectations among your fellow fans.  We'll see how he adjusts to being the focus of the defense.  He's a good player and this is the year he gets to prove just how good, but his supporting cast is miles behind what he had last year.

I know I know...GBI doesn't represent the fanbase...except that it does.  This last week, I've talked to three different local fans who sounded like they could be GBI regulars.  All three said Purdue would likely sweep IU this season and finish no worse than 2nd in the league.

I can say that most rational Purdue fans expect a step back this year. If you run across a Purdue fan who thinks we’ll be better, they’re either a huge homer or don’t know much about basketball. Most of us realize it’ll be a tough task replacing 4 senior starters. 

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Surely starting line ups.  If not that is real crimson colored glasses.  Me personally an not gonna say any team does not have players that could start for us, until we show it on the court

I think that’s fair. I like Purdue’s transfer Boudreaux but have no idea how he’ll adjust to the B1G until he actually plays. 

Archived