2019 KenPom

On 10/22/2018 at 5:49 PM, dbmhoosier said:

Tom Crean would win 25 games with this roster.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Without playing on Saturday, IU moved up one slot to 27th.  Imagine where we could be on Ken Pom with a victory over Michigan on Saturday. 

Yeah, I am like some of you guys. Hard to get too worked up about rankings till late Feb. or early March. 

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Without playing on Saturday, IU moved up one slot to 27th.  Imagine where we could be on Ken Pom with a victory over Michigan on Saturday. 

Yeah, I am like some of you guys. Hard to get too worked up about rankings till late Feb. or early March. 

Yeah, IU might even move up to 26th while Purdont is probably 15th!!!!!

On 11/19/2018 at 2:05 PM, hoosier8760 said:

If we go 20-11 this year I would consider it a massive disappointment.

It's very possible, but with the players we have versus the ones we thought we'd have, I won't be massively disappointed.  Those injuries make a difference and you can only say " next man up" so many times.

How is Wisconsin still in the Top 20 with 4 losses, including getting curb stomped at home by Minnesota, and losing to a Marquette team we beat.  Meanwhile, all three of our losses have been on the road, including two of them against undisputed top 5 teams.  A road curb stomping against Duke should not be as punitive as a home curb stomping against Minnesota.

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

How is Wisconsin still in the Top 20 with 4 losses, including getting curb stomped at home by Minnesota, and losing to a Marquette team we beat.  Meanwhile, all three of our losses have been on the road, including two of them against undisputed top 5 teams.  A road curb stomping against Duke should not be as punitive as a home curb stomping against Minnesota.

You know the answer...we have to prove ourselves for a couple of years.  After years of being Fool's gold, they need proof.

16 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Ken Pom is still factoring in pre-season stuff. His formula is not looking great right now.

16 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

KenPom now likes us to go 20-11, 11-9 in the B1G.

image.png.bbf6d09a8c30659efccc0ad01535298e.png

We need Rob for the MD game, don't know if we'll have him. If we do, I think we pull it out.

For the most part, KenPom focused on road v. home games. I think we pull out the home game against UM and probably the home game against MSU -- but caveat is that we're healthy, with Rob back for both and not down another key player. We're a better team than the way Ken Pom is projecting, imo, he's not factoring in health and is still looking at pre-season stuff (right?)

Archived