2019 KenPom

32 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Oklahoma did have six wins over ranked teams last year, and three of those were against top 10 teams, so they had better wins than we do currently.  Probably gonna have to get a few wins against Michigan, Purdue, Wisconsin, and MSU to boost the resume.  Luckily we have home games against all of them.

Out of curiosity, how many of those wins over ranked opponents were non-con?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, rico said:

Out of curiosity, how many of those wins over ranked opponents were non-con?

Two.  Back-to-back wins over #25 USC at a neutral site and #3 Wichita State on the road.  Those wins didn’t end up being as good as they appeared at the time, as USC ended up missing the tournament and WSU ended up a 4 seed.  The win against WSU was their only non-con win against a tournament team.  Their other ranked wins were a season sweep of TCU (ended up a 6 seed) and January home wins over #8 Texas Tech and #5 Kansas.

Interestingly enough, their only non-con loss was against Arkansas at a neutral site.  They went 8-10 in the Big 12.

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

KenPom is now only factoring in this season. We are currently 46th. It predicts we go 17-14 overall, 8-12 in the B1G.

Sadly that is probably accurate. If you would have told me we wouldn’t win 20 games and go at least 10-10 in the B1G I would have said what an awful season or Romeo must have got hurt. We need to get back on track if we want to make the tourney.

5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

KenPom sees us going 4-5 in our final 9 regular season games.

This really goes without saying but it's going to depend on which team shows up the rest of the year. The team that beat #6 on their home floor, or the team that lost to Nebraska and Rutgers. 

With 7 of our last 9 games at home there is zero reason the team I watched on Saturday can't win at least 6 of the games over this stretch and be a shoe in for the tourney. Hopefully it starts with a win against Iowa on Thursday.

Archived