Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
CauseThatsMyDJ

2019 KenPom

4 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

We need Rob for the MD game, don't know if we'll have him. If we do, I think we pull it out.

For the most part, KenPom focused on road v. home games. I think we pull out the home game against UM and probably the home game against MSU -- but caveat is that we're healthy, with Rob back for both and not down another key player. We're a better team than the way Ken Pom is projecting, imo, he's not factoring in health and is still looking at pre-season stuff (right?)

You would think and kenpom said the preseason formula tapers off until Jan 28th.  Gotta think no one has the time to go in a factor in health.  That's the biggest piece that has been hindering this team.   Consistency and once they get a healthy squad it going to real nice.  

• Like 1

There are so many different ranking systems out there now. I've got a clarification question...is the NET ranking what the committee will use this year 100 percent? Or less percent with other rankings in as well? 

26 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

There are so many different ranking systems out there now. I've got a clarification question...is the NET ranking what the committee will use this year 100 percent? Or less percent with other rankings in as well? 

That’s why the ranking systems mean nothing now.

Mid- March is when to start paying attention to them

29 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

That’s why the ranking systems mean nothing now.

Mid- March is when to start paying attention to them

Yea, I'm just trying to understand what metrics the committee will value most come selection Sunday (or if they publicly even say we primarily derive our seeding this year from NET or Kenpom, etc.). They may never say this publicly, but was curious 

1 hour ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Yea, I'm just trying to understand what metrics the committee will value most come selection Sunday (or if they publicly even say we primarily derive our seeding this year from NET or Kenpom, etc.). They may never say this publicly, but was curious 

I’ll try to find it. They will be able to consider multiple ranking services. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Basically the NET replaces the RPI.  Here is an article.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-11-26/net-explained-ncaa-adopts-new-college-basketball-ranking

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ArchieBall13 said:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-11-26/net-explained-ncaa-adopts-new-college-basketball-ranking

image.png.eca5c39749bbea0c4811f9f6dcec7b7b.png

So the committee will consider:

Here's how IU ranks in each of these services:

• NET: 23
  • KenPom: 23
  • KPI: 104
  • Strength of Record: 21
  • BPI: 28
  • Sagarin: 14

KPI seems to be bizarre. If you average all six of these, that puts us at 36, which would be a 9 seed. If you drop top (Sagarin) and bottom (KPI), that puts us at 24, which would be a 6 seed.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

image.png.eca5c39749bbea0c4811f9f6dcec7b7b.png

So the committee will consider:

Here's how IU ranks in each of these services:

• NET: 23
  • KenPom: 23
  • KPI: 104
  • Strength of Record: 21
  • BPI: 28
  • Sagarin: 14

KPI seems to be bizarre. If you average all six of these, that puts us at 36, which would be a 9 seed. If you drop top (Sagarin) and bottom (KPI), that puts us at 24, which would be a 6 seed.

That KPI rank is from last season.

And I don't know about you all but I've never heard of that one.

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

That KPI rank is from last season.

And I don't know about you all but I've never heard of that one.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Wow good call, totally missed that. I know I've seen rankings for this year somewhere...