IU Beats Michigan 31 Years Ago Today

I have been to almost every IU/Michigan game since 2006.  I missed one in that time, the snow game in Ann Arbor two years ago (my wife and I had a baby right before that game).

I have a buddy that is a Michigan fan that I go to every game with, and we have watched several close games over past decade.  I will be at the game this year,  and know I will see an IU win eventually. 

Law of averages...right?

I took a class that Kit Klinglehoffer taught before he retired and had Don Fischer guest speak.  He told us a hilarious story behind the scenes of the Anthony Carter "fumble."  That was before my time but have watched the clip several times. 

13 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Sorry. Prefer to live in the present. Since they haven't beat Michigan since, this is pretty sad

Well, Steubby I look at it like this.......it was a special moment in IU football lore.  And yes, it is sad that it happened so long ago.  And it is even sadder that I remember that game.....I am getting old.

55 minutes ago, rico said:

Well, Steubby I look at it like this.......it was a special moment in IU football lore.  And yes, it is sad that it happened so long ago.  And it is even sadder that I remember that game.....I am getting old.

Yep, nothing wrong with having a little duality in your thinking.  It is okay to look back fondly on the past while wanting more for the future.

1 minute ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Yep, nothing wrong with having a little duality in your thinking.  It is okay to look back fondly on the past while wanting more for the future.

I long for the day when IU football was like it was in 1987 and several years after.

14 minutes ago, rico said:

I long for the day when IU football was like it was in 1987 and several years after.

I was a student in 1967.  Rose bowl season was very special. Kind of surreal. I don't mind looking back at it at all. I look to the future as well, and think of that time in the past.

13 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I was born in 87, so I don't like looking back at the past IU football that I've seen.  My psychiatrist said I shouldn't talk about it anymore.

You missed out Bro.  Believe it or not, we were pretty damn decent.  

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I was a student in 1967.  Rose bowl season was very special. Kind of surreal. I don't mind looking back at it at all. I look to the future as well, and think of that time in the past.

Mile, I was a frog in '68...and IU was still decent, but then the walkout happened and things began to go downhill for Pont and IU.  Coach Mallory brought some level of respectability back to the program.  But we all know what happened next.  And then there was Coach Hep.  Damn.  😞

46 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Mile, I was a frog in '68...and IU was still decent, but then the walkout happened and things began to go downhill for Pont and IU.  Coach Mallory brought some level of respectability back to the program.  But we all know what happened next.  And then there was Coach Hep.  Damn.  😞

Remember it vividly.  The start of the '69 season, that is. 10 walked out, and were released from the team.  Pont did honor their scholarships, but did not allow them back on the team.  

Archived