Maryland Pre Game thread

Reacher

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I to struggle believing in this team! The OL wasn’t anything close to what we were hoping! Ramsey is Ramsey weak arm he would be a great backup QB just not a great starting QB. Against Minnesota early he was constantly throwing slightly behind the receivers. Several times had he been in step I think the receiver could have turn the play into a big gain instead it was just another 4 yard gain. So I guess what I am saying is I don’t really have faith that Payton Ramsey can win in the big ten! 

1 hour ago, Bob said:

I to struggle believing in this team! The OL wasn’t anything close to what we were hoping! Ramsey is Ramsey weak arm he would be a great backup QB just not a great starting QB. Against Minnesota early he was constantly throwing slightly behind the receivers. Several times had he been in step I think the receiver could have turn the play into a big gain instead it was just another 4 yard gain. So I guess what I am saying is I don’t really have faith that Payton Ramsey can win in the big ten! 

It's too bad Wilson couldn't recruit QBs to save his life.  Ramsey would have been a great guy as a 3rd/4th option his freshman and sophomore years, and a backup or spot starter as a junior and senior.  I just don't think he's a great option to be a starter for 12 games in a season for a team like ours.  He could get by at a place where they always have a top defense, but we need a lot more out of our offense than he's providing us.

Teams like Maryland are always hard to figure out.  They could come out with the attitude of being pissed off and trying to stick it to everyone who has wronged them, or they could be over all of it and come out flat.  Who knows what we'll get this week.  I just hope we come out with some fire.

6 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Game primer and prediction for Maryland.  The Terps are a tough team to read with major drama off the field and major inconsistency on it.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/maryland-at-indiana-game-primer-and-prediction/

TDH, prediction from the heart and not the head or eyes😊  I'm already on record that I think we go 0-3 to close the season. This team simply hasn't shown the ability or the determination needed to change my mind---not that I wouldn't happily eat some crow if wrong.  However, most of my blame goes to to DeBord.   As you stated in your article PR has shown the ability to throw vertically down the field at times and especially in the MInny rally.  I'm not as down on him as others on this board.  I still don't think we know how good/bad he is.  He and this team have been the victim of his OC to a large degree.  

8 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

It's too bad Wilson couldn't recruit QBs to save his life.  Ramsey would have been a great guy as a 3rd/4th option his freshman and sophomore years, and a backup or spot starter as a junior and senior.  I just don't think he's a great option to be a starter for 12 games in a season for a team like ours.  He could get by at a place where they always have a top defense, but we need a lot more out of our offense than he's providing us.

Teams like Maryland are always hard to figure out.  They could come out with the attitude of being pissed off and trying to stick it to everyone who has wronged them, or they could be over all of it and come out flat.  Who knows what we'll get this week.  I just hope we come out with some fire.

Hey, Ramsey was Allen’s recruit. The last QB Wilson brought in was a dud that beat a ranked MS team, stayed within ten of Mich, played the rest of the season after MS with a hernia that required surgery and we still beat Purdue, and went to a bowl and got stuck with Allen coaching. QB might not be the issue. Also, for beer crying, Coach Johns was fired by Allen as the OC and is now the OC at Texas Tech and their offense is putting up numbers. But we got deboring. So there is that. Lol. 

2 hours ago, Payday said:

Hey, Ramsey was Allen’s recruit. The last QB Wilson brought in was a dud that beat a ranked MS team, stayed within ten of Mich, played the rest of the season after MS with a hernia that required surgery and we still beat Purdue, and went to a bowl and got stuck with Allen coaching. QB might not be the issue. Also, for beer crying, Coach Johns was fired by Allen as the OC and is now the OC at Texas Tech and their offense is putting up numbers. But we got deboring. So there is that. Lol. 

Give up the idea that everybody is out to get Richard and act like an impartial fan. Overall Wilson's QB recruiting sucked. Didn't mean anything against Richard at all. Wilson recruited zero depth there which is why we have no upperclassmen at the position.  That's not even a debate.

41 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Give up the idea that everybody is out to get Richard and act like an impartial fan. Overall Wilson's QB recruiting sucked. Didn't mean anything against Richard at all. Wilson recruited zero depth there which is why we have no upperclassmen at the position.  That's not even a debate.

No, not at all. I was playing around. I know it doesn’t translate well in type. But on a serious note, I think Wilson had checked out. I got the feeling he was burned out and wanted to leave and didn’t know how. Maybe i am giving him too much credit.

2 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Outstanding. I wish him nothing but the best and I wish he was playing this year. 

Honestly, it has been a few years since I have seen him this happy and relaxed. He had an offer, contract in hand, and he had accepted this job and committed to them and he told his agent no. If he wasn’t the first choice, he was done. I had no problem (except it meant i paid the bills another few months), and think it was the right call. Man, if you play that long and walk away without a serious injury, walk away smiling. I had an uncle who played pro with Bart back in the ice bowl days and he always said to walk away while healthy.

Ok guys, I apologize for hijacking the thread, go fill the stands tomorrow! They have to win. Forget coaches or other noise, the program has to get this win. I am very concerned at what could happen if they lose and then lose the next two. There are too many good kids representing the school that don’t deserve that type finish.

7 hours ago, Payday said:

No, not at all. I was playing around. I know it doesn’t translate well in type. But on a serious note, I think Wilson had checked out. I got the feeling he was burned out and wanted to leave and didn’t know how. Maybe i am giving him too much credit.

Yeah, I didn't catch that.  No worries.

One thing we can all agree on, we all want IU to beat the crap out of Maryland today!

14 hours ago, FWIUFan said:

TDH, prediction from the heart and not the head or eyes😊  I'm already on record that I think we go 0-3 to close the season. This team simply hasn't shown the ability or the determination needed to change my mind---not that I wouldn't happily eat some crow if wrong.  However, most of my blame goes to to DeBord.   As you stated in your article PR has shown the ability to throw vertically down the field at times and especially in the MInny rally.  I'm not as down on him as others on this board.  I still don't think we know how good/bad he is.  He and this team have been the victim of his OC to a large degree.  

I wish I could argue with you.

Archived