Scouting Report on Loyola Chicago

rbkl

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, enough of the personal jabs back and forth.

This is some pretty good news, regardless when the report came out, where it was posted, and who posted here about receiving the report -- 

The news is IU must have really taken care of business and Romeo had a very good first game/scrimmage -- his videographer posted his 19 and 10 stats and then took it down quickly (probably because either the staff or Romeo told him too -- it's a secret scrimmage).

Haven't seen anything about what rules were in place, who played with whom and for what minutes etc. Not sure if that's behind the paywall in Rab's report or not. Looking forward to seeing how they click now in the first game.

12 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Guys, enough of the personal jabs back and forth.

This is some pretty good news, regardless when the report came out, where it was posted, and who posted here about receiving the report -- 

The news is IU must have really taken care of business and Romeo had a very good first game/scrimmage -- his videographer posted his 19 and 10 stats and then took it down quickly (probably because either the staff or Romeo told him too -- it's a secret scrimmage).

Haven't seen anything about what rules were in place, who played with whom and for what minutes etc. Not sure if that's behind the paywall in Rab's report or not. Looking forward to seeing how they click now in the first game.

No. Even though I posted Romeo’s stat line, I am not his videographer.

In case you were wondering 

1 minute ago, Jacarcio said:

This is getting me really excited for the season. Cant wait for the season to get here. First time in awhile we have had such a positive off season roll into the season. 

I am getting just as excited as you.  But.... let's remember, this was only a scrimmage.  Not even an exhibition game. 

If nobody can be there but the teams how do these reports get out to the media.  I was talking to Aaron henry's dad the other day at work and he said MSU was playing Gonzaga in a scrimmage in Minnesota.  To me playing teams that far away in scrimmages is kind of silly because of the cost for the travel.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If nobody can be there but the teams how do these reports get out to the media.  I was talking to Aaron henry's dad the other day at work and he said MSU was playing Gonzaga in a scrimmage in Minnesota.  To me playing teams that far away in scrimmages is kind of silly because of the cost for the travel.

I believe certain members of the media do get invited.  Just pathetic, that they then put it behind a paywall.

Not serving the fans of IU at all.  Just a selfish effort to generate revenue for themselves.

Heck... we already know the score.  Only a matter of time other stats become available ..... for free.  Like always.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So, the B1G network pays each school in the conference almost $30 million and you are worried about the cost of a flight ? 

The schools have private planes, so it’s not like they are flying commercial 

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

So, the B1G network pays each school in the conference almost $30 million and you are worried about the cost of a flight ? 

The schools have private planes, so it’s not like they are flying commercial 

For a private scrimmage yes.  Also I see some of these smaller teams from the east and going to play another mid major out west which I don't understand as well.  Also I don't think Gonzaga gets money from a big TV contract and I was talking about them as much as MSU.

Maybe this has already been reported😉, but I just got tix for Thursday's scrimmage.  I haven't been to a game since '93 and will be in town for the first time in more than 10 years.  I am taking my 12 yo son for his first experience.  I hope it has some of the energy of a real game.  

Love the idea of these closed door scrimmages and hope we do more in the future against bigger and stronger opponents. Who cares about the semantics of what is or isn’t ‘secret’. Who cares if or how the results leak out. Let the team do what it takes to be better prepared for the season as far as I’m concerned. 

3 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Love the idea of these closed door scrimmages and hope we do more in the future against bigger and stronger opponents. Who cares about the semantics of what is or isn’t ‘secret’. Who cares if or how the results leak out. Let the team do what it takes to be better prepared for the season as far as I’m concerned. 

You mean like Ferris Wheel St. ?

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

For a private scrimmage yes.  Also I see some of these smaller teams from the east and going to play another mid major out west which I don't understand as well.  Also I don't think Gonzaga gets money from a big TV contract and I was talking about them as much as MSU.

AA62E742-0F50-4D48-B273-D07643C1AA10.gif

These scrimmages really provide great opportunity for working out plays and sets, lineups and rotatations, small ball and big front line looks, etc., without the risk of a L.

also think it’s the perfect way to integrate frosh like Romeo and company into real college ball before the big arenas and fans and media hit them.

Some real big time games coming soon, Duke etc., a scrimmage like this is going to pay dividends 

Archived