Scouting Report on Loyola Chicago

rbkl

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, KDB said:

Saw that as well, one said that he was a man among boys.

I don't think it's a stretch to think he and Romeo are two of the top 10 or 20 players in college basketball. Certainly not a given, but not a stretch. 

Having said that, that's why a kid like Zach should absolutely start. He does all the little things to free you those two to do the big things. 

41 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't think it's a stretch to think he and Romeo are two of the top 10 or 20 players in college basketball. Certainly not a given, but not a stretch. 

Having said that, that's why a kid like Zach should absolutely start. He does all the little things to free you those two to do the big things. 

If Juwan can make a few threes then he’s top 5. Imagine him shooting 37 / 75! 

1 hour ago, CoachSS said:

Things went very, very, very well for Indiana. 

I was asked not to say much more than that. So, I won't. But things went very well. Justin Smith was a name that was talked about. "He killed." 

Go Hoosiers. 

So good chance Archie goes small ball for most of the season with Smith and McRoberts starting in your opinion?  Thanks for the info as always.

3 hours ago, CoachSS said:

Things went very, very, very well for Indiana. 

I was asked not to say much more than that. So, I won't. But things went very well. Justin Smith was a name that was talked about. "He killed." 

Go Hoosiers. 

Great to hear, especially, imo, on Smith. He was really coming on towards the end of the season last year. He has great potential, looking forward to seeing to what extent he's growing a respectable jumper and how well his D has improved.

14 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

This is NOT the lineup Indiana played or started with in their scrimmage. 

Ready to watch them on Thursday. Go Hoosiers. 

Thanks Coach!

If that was the starting lineup used in the scrimmage, I'd be a bit disappointed. I want us to use size and length more IF our bigs are ready. The ideal starting lineup I'm thinking is Fitzner-Morgan-Smith (or McRoberts) - Langford - Green (or Phinisee). Fitzner can stretch the floor and give Morgan and Langford more room to operate offensively. I mean, if Fitzner can't start at 5 in our team, I don't know why we brought him in other than for the reason we had 1 spot left in scholarships. 

16 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Thanks Coach!

If that was the starting lineup used in the scrimmage, I'd be a bit disappointed. I want us to use size and length more IF our bigs are ready. The ideal starting lineup I'm thinking is Fitzner-Morgan-Smith (or McRoberts) - Langford - Green (or Phinisee). Fitzner can stretch the floor and give Morgan and Langford more room to operate offensively. I mean, if Fitzner can't start at 5 in our team, I don't know why we brought him in other than for the reason we had 1 spot left in scholarships. 

To me it really does not matter who starts but who plays the minutes when the game is on the line.

55 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

This is NOT the lineup Indiana played or started with in their scrimmage. 

Ready to watch them on Thursday. Go Hoosiers. 

Hmm.  I remember you saying a couple months ago that McRoberts was a near shoe in to start.  But also that Smith killed it yesterday.  Anyone know for certain who started?

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Hmm.  I remember you saying a couple months ago that McRoberts was a near shoe in to start.  But also that Smith killed it yesterday.  Anyone know for certain who started?

I don't think SS is at liberty to say, and that's a part of the secrecy of the scrimmage -- I'd like to know too, but doubt that gets leaked

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

Sounds like we're going to have several very good players coming off the bench.  A very good problem to have.

Absolutely. This team looks like it can put the D in Deep. My only real question has been how the point guard/primary ball handler role is going to work out, but from what we're hearing that's coming along well. Of course we'll get to see soon, but I'm definitely feeling optimistic.

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me it really does not matter who starts but who plays the minutes when the game is on the line.

That's true, but a starting lineup still has a significant meaning. It means those 5 (whoever they are) play best together and complement each other better...hopefully better than other combinations. 

41 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

That's true, but a starting lineup still has a significant meaning. It means those 5 (whoever they are) play best together and complement each other better...hopefully better than other combinations. 

I agree, your starting line-up in my opinion are the guys who you expect to play 30+ minutes a game.  So have that set is very important.  Not that it doesn't evolve and change.

5 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

it's old school to say what matters is who finishes the game.  i love old school, and that is important, but so is who starts.  your best players should start and play a lot of minutes.

I'd really be suprised if we had more than an 8 man rotation.  The 2002 team really only played 7 and maybe a half guys with Newt and Moye off the bench and Donald Perry getting a few minutes now and then.  Tom Crean is not our coach anymore so notions of a 10 man rotation are ridiculous.

26 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I'd really be suprised if we had more than an 8 man rotation.  The 2002 team really only played 7 and maybe a half guys with Newt and Moye off the bench and Donald Perry getting a few minutes now and then.  Tom Crean is not our coach anymore so notions of a 10 man rotation are ridiculous.

Agreed.

At this point, the only true 30 mpg guys are likely to be Morgan and Langford, right?

Archived