CBS: 2019 Title Contenders

^^ No way, in the world, we finish with 18 wins. That's is not the "spectrum." To me that's a cop out for a wild card prediction/forecast.

Do agree the range may be pretty broad, given things like questions at the point, but this looks to be a legit top 3-4 B1G team, or better, and imo a team that will run deep in March barring injuries.

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

^^ No way, in the world, we finish with 18 wins. That's is not the "spectrum." To me that's a cop out for a wild card prediction/forecast.

Do agree the range may be pretty broad, given things like questions at the point, but this looks to be a legit top 3-4 B1G team, or better, and imo a team that will run deep in March barring injuries.

Totally agree, heck, even with injuries, CAM coaches to 18 wins with walk-ons.  Ok, I kid, but 18 wins seems really low.  They almost had that last year.

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Agree. At least he is willing to say a possible Final 4 black horse. That is pretty high praise and would love to see us make a deep run in the tournament. I do think at worst we are like a 8/9 seed. If we can get to that 4/5 line or higher we should have a great shot at a sweet 16.

5 hours ago, IUaic said:

What I like about that list is they have Loyola as underrated, and we just handled them in the scrimmage.  I know it's a scrimmage, but that team plays good team (disciplined) basketball.  I take good stock in the details that have leaked from that scrimmage performance. 

On 10/29/2018 at 3:02 PM, Hoosierhoopster said:

This seems like an entirely fair assessment to me. Our guard play was not tournament caliber last year and our shooting was atrocious. We lost our best guard and our best shooter. We replace him with an elite scorer that may not be a great shooter and who, like our best returning player, seems to be at his best with the ball. We have zero proven, healthy big men (can Smith guard a true big?) and a lot of questions at point guard.

It's not hard to imagine Romeo and Morgan gelling, other guys filling just the role they are asked to fill and excelling at it and things going smashingly well. It's also not hard to imagine defenses clogging the lane, Romeo and Morgan being ineffective off the ball, our interior play putting us at a disadvantage nightly and our point guards adding little to the mix. 

I always feel like teams that can shoot can make up for a lot of other things that don't go right. Teams that can't shoot better get all of the other pieces to work. I'm afraid we fall in the later category: things could still work, but we don't have that margin for error. Only getting 18 wins seems possible to me. Getting 28 does too.

15 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

This seems like an entirely fair assessment to me. Our guard play was not tournament caliber last year and our shooting was atrocious. We lost our best guard and our best shooter. We replace him with an elite scorer that may not be a great shooter and who, like our best returning player, seems to be at his best with the ball. We have zero proven, healthy big men (can Smith guard a true big?) and a lot of questions at point guard.

It's not hard to imagine Romeo and Morgan gelling, other guys filling just the role they are asked to fill and excelling at it and things going smashingly well. It's also not hard to imagine defenses clogging the lane, Romeo and Morgan being ineffective off the ball, our interior play putting us at a disadvantage nightly and our point guards adding little to the mix. 

I always feel like teams that can shoot can make up for a lot of other things that don't go right. Teams that can't shoot better get all of the other pieces to work. I'm afraid we fall in the later category: things could still work, but we don't have that margin for error. Only getting 18 wins seems possible to me. Getting 28 does too.

No way in Hades we only win 18 games. Last year we had Rojo and Morgan until the end when Justin stepped up. This year we are looking at possibly being 10 or 11 deep. 

We are kicking names and taking a$$ this year and for the foreseeable future. Mark it down.

14 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

I have  have to agree to an extent! IU won 16 games with  a non CAM team last year and I think anything under 23 wins this year is under achieving! I have watched IU since the Van ARSDALE TWINS  I think we win over26 games go IU!

51 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

I'm not a betting man. That said, I will bet you any amount you want we win more than 18 games.

😂

1 hour ago, IUaic said:

No way in Hades we only win 18 games. Last year we had Rojo and Morgan until the end when Justin stepped up. This year we are looking at possibly being 10 or 11 deep. 

We are kicking names and taking a$$ this year and for the foreseeable future. Mark it down.

I have a feeling IU is going to grind teams into the dust this year.  Up 36-15 at halftime against Loyola?  Not the last time they’re gonna hold a team to under 20 points in a half this season. There’s a lot of length and athleticism on the roster this year, and I think they’re gonna be mean.

• 3 months later...
On 10/30/2018 at 9:52 PM, HoosierDom said:

I just wanted to bump this thread: both as a petty I-told-you-so and to point out our roster is structurally flawed in a predictable fashion. It is what it is and it isn't Archie's fault. That doesn't mean he is the answer, but he isn't the problem. 

30 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

I just wanted to bump this thread: both as a petty I-told-you-so and to point out our roster is structurally flawed in a predictable fashion. It is what it is and it isn't Archie's fault. That doesn't mean he is the answer, but he isn't the problem. 

Many of us were drinking that Crimson kool aid.

31 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

Some of your preseason points are dead on to what we are experiencing today so props for that. I read the opening post in full without realizing this was a bump of a preseason thread and was super confused. Then it dawned on me...man this season has sucked. That's all I've got :(

3 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I said if we did not win more than six games in the Big Ten this year that I would eat my hat in another thread.  My hat is currently nervous.

3 hours ago, rico said:

For all we know your hat might be made out of chocolate?

When you google chocolate hat, there is one very funny thing there on the top row I was not expecting.  You may not notice it at first but it exist.  

image.jpeg.15959c6968dd76e3f70f93e824726b28.jpeg

Archived