Alyssa Shepherd

rico

In the dark (or light for that matter), anyone with any sense at all slows down at flashing lights, tractor, school bus, tow truck, whatever is flashing.  It's designed to get your attention to slow down.  I rarely make bold absolute claims, but I will make an exception.  She is a liar.  She was distracted.  She is not admitting to it as 3 children are gone.  Accept your failure no matter how horrible or hard it is.  Allow EVERYONE, not just yourself to pick up the pieces and move forward.

The bus stop and school district issue...  Wow.  Tons of blame to throw around here.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2019 at 1:06 PM, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Thought of this incident today, decided to take a look.

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase/#/vw/CaseSummary/eyJ2Ijp7IkNhc2VUb2tlbiI6Ik0yVXpNREV5T1RFM01qSXdPamc0TURBNU1UUXpPRFk9In19

Looks like some administrative steps have been taken. Next court date is April 18th.

Yep...some steps have been taken and others have been tossed around.  Other than that it has been pretty quiet up here concerning the case.

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

In Fort Wayne, the police are specifically patrolling on the lookout for drivers who ignore the flashing light/lowered bus arm. This is supposed to go on for the entire month of March. On Monday, they targeted one road notorious for problems and ticketed 6 people in about 2 hours.

Good for them and I hope the fines hurt the wallets of those that violated the law.

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

I dont typically support the use of cameras for enforcement but I think it would be a good idea to outfit school buses in front and back with cameras to record evidence of incidents and capture license plate numbers to ticket people.  

Hope she gets the book thrown at her. 

Agree with you on both counts. 

Wouldn't be that hard to have a self-actuating front/rear facing camera embedded into the Stop indicator.  Would take away the ability to dispute whether the Stop Sign was extended or not. 

23 hours ago, rico said:

The plea deal (if offered one) must have been pretty heavy on jail time...can't imagine wanting to go to trial in a very public case and leave sentencing up to a judge who eventually needs to be elected again. Very sad case all the way around.

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

The plea deal (if offered one) must have been pretty heavy on jail time...can't imagine wanting to go to trial in a very public case and leave sentencing up to a judge who eventually needs to be elected again. Very sad case all the way around.

I don't know the particulars of why it went to trial but it is very sad case indeed.  3 kids dead and two families lives shattered.  Nobody is going to win this one.

42 minutes ago, rico said:

I don't know the particulars of why it went to trial but it is very sad case indeed.  3 kids dead and two families lives shattered.  Nobody is going to win this one.

You are correct no winners in this one . Another reminder no matter how old or how young hug your kids and tell them you love them.  Every breathe is truly a gift that I for one take.for granted. Continued prayer for healing for all invokved

• 1 month later...

Archived