NFL Talk

rico

2 hours ago, rico said:

Ding Dong....the witch is dead!!!!!!!

I wish it were true, but I think that the witch is just down this year. As long as Belichek and Brady are there they will continue to be a threat to win it all every year.

Will be interesting to see how the Gronk situation plays out.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

I wish it were true, but I think that the witch is just down this year. As long as Belichek and Brady are there they will continue to be a threat to win it all every year.

Meh, that division is getting stronger.  The Pats defense sucks.......I think we are seeing the fall of an empire.  At least I can keep telling myself that!!!!!  LOL

20 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

I think they are done...at least from winning superbowls for awhile. They should be losing their offensive and defensive coordinators. Belicheat is 66 and rumors swirling about him being upset about the Jimmy Garoppolo trade. Gisele pressuring Brady to retire. Gronk beginning to think about retirement.

For the record I think Belichick, Gronk, and Brady will return for at least one more season, but I think they won't ever get back to the superbowl together again.

17 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I think they are done...at least from winning superbowls for awhile. They should be losing their offensive and defensive coordinators. Belicheat is 66 and rumors swirling about him being upset about the Jimmy Garoppolo trade. Gisele pressuring Brady to retire. Gronk beginning to think about retirement.

For the record I think Belichick, Gronk, and Brady will return for at least one more season, but I think they won't ever get back to the superbowl together again.

Per the report I just heard on NFL Sirius channel, McDaniels may be having second thoughts about leaving and becoming the Colts' new HC.

10 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Per the report I just heard on NFL Sirius channel, McDaniels may be having second thoughts about leaving and becoming the Colts' new HC.

I did hear that today. I believe they mentioned Toub might be the favorite to land Colts job if McDaniels stays with Patriots.

12 hours ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Yea that just happened! What the fornication is going on here! Wow seems like Kraft is just trying to screw the Colts anyway he can. 

Reports are that the Patriots didn't guarantee McDaniels anything except more money and clout (no guarantee to take over for Belichick). I stated weeks ago when many thought it was a done deal that I wouldn't trust McDaniels...in my opinion he is the Lane Kiffin of the NFL. I am a Bears fan first and foremost (although I root for Indy as long as they are not playing the Bears), and although I would be pissed right now if I was a huge colts fan, I think they might have dodged a bullet with this snake. I think I even read that the Colts signed some assistant coaches already, which might cause more of a mess...and makes Ballard and the Colts look bad as well.

On a positive note, I can't see any other NFL team ever hiring McDaniels as head coach (except maybe Patriots) after he pulled this bush league move.

Toub knows Ballard well, I wonder if they will reach out to him for coaching job now?

You're right there are 3 coaches signed already. That was the level of confidence they had McDaniels was coming. Ballard has already reached out to two candidates Eagles OC Reich and Saints Asst HC Campbell. I also think Toub would be a great pick as well. I guess the Colts have dodged a bullet. As Polian put it no reason to cry over spilt milk and move right on. Ballard definitely has shown to be a good leader today. I hope the Patriots get there's soon. 

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

I wonder how often Tom Brady ever gets "randomly" drug tested. Does 500 yards in a Super Bowl at the age of 40 seem like a red flag to anyone else? Just thought I'd throw it out there because no one else seems to be talking about it.

It has been talked about from time to time.  But he is also a health freak....but you would think "Father Time" would catch up.

11 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Reports are that the Patriots didn't guarantee McDaniels anything except more money and clout (no guarantee to take over for Belichick). I stated weeks ago when many thought it was a done deal that I wouldn't trust McDaniels...in my opinion he is the Lane Kiffin of the NFL. I am a Bears fan first and foremost (although I root for Indy as long as they are not playing the Bears), and although I would be pissed right now if I was a huge colts fan, I think they might have dodged a bullet with this snake. I think I even read that the Colts signed some assistant coaches already, which might cause more of a mess...and makes Ballard and the Colts look bad as well.

On a positive note, I can't see any other NFL team ever hiring McDaniels as head coach (except maybe Patriots) after he pulled this bush league move.

Toub knows Ballard well, I wonder if they will reach out to him for coaching job now?

Ballard stated that they would not hire any of the candidates that they have already interviewed so that would seem to rule out Toub.

On 2/7/2018 at 10:38 AM, FritzIam4IU said:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived