NFL Talk

rico

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Just responding to last part. As a lifelong Bears fan I don't trust a single soul in the entire organization. We traded up 1 spot (lost picks/spots) to draft who I thought was the 3rd or 4th best qb available (Watson as a draft choice or Jimmy G/Jacoby Brissett). So to answer your point...I don't want Pace in charge of any decisions on how to trade up down sideways for extra picks.

Besides Mitch...he also chose Shaheen as his 2nd round choice (would have been around 4 rounds later). Yesterday in week 13 the Bears 2nd round choice played 9 snaps. No targets. Our free agency/off season acquisitions make Grigson look appealing. 

I'm 100% with you about the Bears organization (or lack thereof). Every Bears fan I know is hoping the Mccaskeys sell but won't happen while Virginia is alive.

Last year I watched dumbfounded when the Bears traded up one pick to 49ers when there was no need.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I'm 100% with you about the Bears organization (or lack thereof). Every Bears fan I know is hoping the Mccaskeys sell but won't happen while Virginia is alive.

Last year I watched dumbfounded when the Bears traded up one pick to 49ers when there was no need.

I follow the Bears quite closely myself.  I couldn't believe what they did last year.  Dumbfounded is an understatement!  Horror is more like it!  LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I am not a Steelers' fan, but I hope that during this year's playoffs either Pouncey or Villanueva get a chance to smack James Harrison directly in the mouth.

Never cared for the guy. Showed the year he was with the Bengals and they were on HBO what a low-class guy he is. 

Showed in the way he handled this season that he was all about himself. 

Doesn't surprise me, in that his position coach in Pittsburgh was Joey Porter. Talk about two peas in a pod.

Pagano gone. The Colts didn't quit the last half of the year. Not sure anyone could have done much better given Luck's injury.

Hope they hire some fresh perspective and not a coaching retread.

1 hour ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Fox fired from Chicago...thank goodness. I don't think he was a horrible coach but he was not a good fit.

Who do they go after?  Let's see what Michigan does today....I would lay money that the Colts and the Bears have reached out to Harbaugh.

No Harbaugh, please, for the Colts. 

I said it in another thread a month or more ago. Harbaugh's "schtick" won't last in the NFL. The advantage he has coaching in the college game is that his roster turns over on a regular basis. The message doesn't wear thin, because it's a new audience. NFL guys would tune him out after a year or so.

Besides, Harbaugh really hasn't done much since he arrived at Michigan. The results on the field certainly don't match the hype off it.

Bring in a successful OC from one of the proven NFL teams. Someone who can help Andrew Luck both with his performance, and with the cast around him.

McDaniels would be my first choice. Jim Bob Cooter maybe. Todd Haley.

Arians would be a long shot, and may not coach much longer anyhow. If he came in for a year or so to right the ship, mentoring someone to take over the reigns, that wouldn't be the worst scenario either.

6 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

No Harbaugh, please, for the Colts. 

I said it in another thread a month or more ago. Harbaugh's "schtick" won't last in the NFL. The advantage he has coaching in the college game is that his roster turns over on a regular basis. The message doesn't wear thin, because it's a new audience. NFL guys would tune him out after a year or so.

Besides, Harbaugh really hasn't done much since he arrived at Michigan. The results on the field certainly don't match the hype off it.

Bring in a successful OC from one of the proven NFL teams. Someone who can help Andrew Luck both with his performance, and with the cast around him.

McDaniels would be my first choice. Jim Bob Cooter maybe. Todd Haley.

Arians would be a long shot, and may not coach much longer anyhow. If he came in for a year or so to right the ship, mentoring someone to take over the reigns, that wouldn't be the worst scenario either.

How about Shaw from Stanford?

Shaw maybe in the last scenario under Arians. Not sure that he is ready to be a HC at the NFL level. Admittedly, due to time zones, I have not watched that much West Coast football. My main exposure to Stanford has been the Norte Dame games. Shaw's offenses have the reputation of being "smash mouth " physically dominant teams. While I would love to see the Colts evolve to that type of team, there has to be a good passing game to go along with it. Pittsburgh might be best example. I don't know if Shaw has the background to develop a sophisticated NFL passing attack. If someone brought him in as HC now, he'd have to hire an experienced OC to cover his deficiencies 

32 minutes ago, rico said:

Who do they go after?  Let's see what Michigan does today....I would lay money that the Colts and the Bears have reached out to Harbaugh.

I have read McDaniels is top of list as well as Nagy, Defilippo, and Toub.

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Bolt/Josh-McDaniels-sits-atop-Chicago-Bears-wish-list-for-head-coach-per-report-113003420

6 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

My guess is Colts hire McDaniels and Bears Nagy or Toub...

Rico...I would be willing to give Shaw a go if Pace thinks he can handle NFL roster.

Since Gruden is coming back to coaching maybe Bill Cowher comes to Bears!

Well if you are going to dream... bring back Da Coach!

16 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

My guess is Colts hire McDaniels and Bears Nagy or Toub...

Rico...I would be willing to give Shaw a go if Pace thinks he can handle NFL roster.

Since Gruden is coming back to coaching maybe Bill Cowher comes to Bears!

I really don't think the Bears are that far away.  But I don't see Cowher in the Windy City.  

12 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Well if you are going to dream... bring back Da Coach!

Ha! That is the coach I grew up with watching da Bears.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I really don't think the Bears are that far away.  But I don't see Cowher in the Windy City.  

I agree about the Bears being close. I think they need some receivers and O linemen and a couple upgrades. I was just kidding about Cowher although I would be happy with him.

Archived