Harlond Beverly Commits to Miami

KDB

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm....still looking at guard. I just keep getting the sinking feeling that Green might be the one not fitting in or happy by the end of the year with his playing time.

That said I think in 20-21 we should have plenty of guards here at home to offer that I think will be just as good if not better. Not a lot of hope for this one.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, IU_Realist said:

Romeo isn’t coming back for a second season.  People just need to accept it.  

Posting the definitive seems counter intuitive.  I believe most have accepted the high likelihood he isn't coming back.  When it has come out that he is not going to declare until his game is ready and that a title is important to him, it seems even Romeo doesn't know at this time.  There is a chance he returns, however very small (<1%?).  Posting in the absolute has resulted in dancing banana emojis regarding Romeo.  As far as getting over it, I will not trip over what I consider to be maybe at best a 1% chance.

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:28 PM, IU_Realist said:

Romeo isn’t coming back for a second season.  People just need to accept it.  

And yet that would be the very position Keion will take. So that means there is no openings for this kid. All I meant was that we don't 100% even know we have a spot for Keion...much less a 4th recruit.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

And yet that would be the very position Keion will take. So that means there is no openings for this kid. All I meant was that we don't 100% even know we have a spot for Keion...much less a 4th recruit.

Like I said, Romeo is 100% gone.  Keion has a spot.  

Beverly has grade issues to resolve before anyone is going to take him.  He won't be a scholarship issue for any team because by the time his grade issues are resolved...they will know if they have an open one or not.  

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You take a 5 star recruit (in this regard, Brooks) --  It's a great problem to have. Someone would transfer...but yes, I would agree, not room for Beverly potentially...although I would take Watford if he wanted to team up with TJD and Brooks :)  

17 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

Like I said, Romeo is 100% gone.  Keion has a spot.  

Beverly has grade issues to resolve before anyone is going to take him.  He won't be a scholarship issue for any team because by the time his grade issues are resolved...they will know if they have an open one or not.  

When did you talk to Romeo and his family about this decision.  How do you know that he does not just enjoy being a college kid and want to stay longer.  Not every person is consumed with money and all of their decisions are based solely on money.  Miles Bridges came back despite being a lottery pick because he enjoyed being in college and playing basketball.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

When did you talk to Romeo and his family about this decision.  How do you know that he does not just enjoy being a college kid and want to stay longer.  Not every person is consumed with money and all of their decisions are based solely on money.  Miles Bridges came back despite being a lottery pick because he enjoyed being in college and playing basketball.

The only thing with Romeo that gives me hope is he came to IU to create a legacy...to make a difference...and to do that he would likely have to play another year to have that kind of impact......but yeah it's the longest of shots for him to come back and I don't blame him if he doesn't.

21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The only thing with Romeo that gives me hope is he came to IU to create a legacy...to make a difference...and to do that he would likely have to play another year to have that kind of impact......but yeah it's the longest of shots for him to come back and I don't blame him if he doesn't.

Agree here. The one and done thing is very real, but I think some kids are less enthralled with than before. Look at Justin Herbert of Oregon. Different sport I know, but this guy was considered to be the first QB taken and given how the NFL works, it's not hard to conceive that a team would have traded up to the #1 spot to ensure they got Herbert. So Herbert potentially could have been the #1 overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft and turned it down to come back to Oregon for another year. I know his brother is a factor here too and that doesn't apply specifically to Romeo, but I agree that Langford is about legacy. I could easily see him coming back and teaming up with Franklin, Jackson-Davis & Brooks along with the players have returning and gunning for a national championship. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived