Harlond Beverly Commits to Miami

KDB

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Zagoria just tweeted we offered. Not sure of when but it's official unless I missed earlier in thread. Another 2019 prospect. Tells me what we've discussed in other threads. Departures coming. 

I like it. I imagine Quinones won't be far behind since we were included in his final 7 schools.  

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what does this say about our guard situation in 2020? I mean Morton and Leal are both guards...and if we land Beverly and Franklin on top of Robert and we already have Al....that's a lot of guards...add in 2021 has some high guards on our list too I'm just not sure where they all play. Hope it doesn't mean we are slipping for Morton.

21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So what does this say about our guard situation in 2020? I mean Morton and Leal are both guards...and if we land Beverly and Franklin on top of Robert and we already have Al....that's a lot of guards...add in 2021 has some high guards on our list too I'm just not sure where they all play. Hope it doesn't mean we are slipping for Morton.

Morton is the one in that class I want most. Kid will be special 

22 hours ago, dgambill said:

It gets us to where freshman aren't playing big minutes. Thats where we need to get to. Kids graduate and kids leave. You keep Bringing in the best every year.

2 hours ago, rbkl said:

Loved this quote from the Montverde Academy website profile on Beverly.

Short, simple, and salivating (for a defensive minded coach).

Indiana offers a defense prioritizing 2019 four-star guard in Harlond Beverly

This guy would be a fantastic addition to this class.  The kind of kid, at least on first impression, that could be a leader by example by his late sophomore-early junior year.  All around game with a defensive mindset.  Get him signed!

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

It gets us to where freshman aren't playing big minutes. Thats where we need to get to. Kids graduate and kids leave. You keep Bringing in the best every year.

That would be nice....however most high 4 stars want to play right away but I'm all for that. The other issue is it doesn't leave much room for any bigs if we land all these guards. I'm sure it will all work out just don't want us to miss out on any of our top recruits in 2020 or 2021 who are mostly guards.

48 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

It's an unofficial this weekend for Michigan State game found it somewhere else.

Getting interesting with a month or so to go until the April signing period begins.  Even if its unofficial visit, the kid must really be interested especially since it isn't a fully paid visit by IU. 

21 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

My understanding is that Mich. St. has cooled off a bit on him, largely because they already are in on a higher ranked CG. 

Even better.  To me, especially with it being this late in the game when a recruit visits a school on an "unofficial" visit there has to be legit and real interest.  I would not be shocked if IU gets this kid. 

26 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Even better.  To me, especially with it being this late in the game when a recruit visits a school on an "unofficial" visit there has to be legit and real interest.  I would not be shocked if IU gets this kid. 

Given what Billingsly said, I'd have to assume that Archie is being up front and told him that he is recruiting him and Quinones and which ever one pulls first will be the one on the team next season. Interest from both are spiking. 

25 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Given what Billingsly said, I'd have to assume that Archie is being up front and told him that he is recruiting him and Quinones and which ever one pulls first will be the one on the team next season. Interest from both are spiking. 

Good point. I like that CAM is not giving the used car salesmen approach. No offense if your an auto salesman I am in sales myself

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Good point. I like that CAM is not giving the used car salesmen approach. No offense if your an auto salesman I am in sales myself

Our offers and how they are handled mean something again. Just like the approach to Franklin, Newman, Damezi, and Henry....first ones to say yes wins. I must say a kid scheduling an unofficial from Florida up here on his dime is pretty good. I'll take this one or Quinones. 

Archived