The laugh at Purdue Thread...

FKIM01

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoyed watching PU beat Wisy last night.  IU in it's current iteration is going to have trouble with PU Bigs.  Williams is really improving.  CE is an offensive nightmare when he is on.  Cline and Eifert are playing better.  IU will be ill advised to take them lightly.  We are going to have to play well to beat PU.  Rivalry or not PU is no slouch.  Take them lightly at our own peril.  I don't want to see them bite us in the @ss.

reswat said: 
We just beat Wisconsin at Wisconsin. How many of us picked that game as a win when we looked at the schedule?

Remember when Bo Ryan kept getting his teams to the top of the Big Ten? Most of us thought, "How does he do that?" And most of us dreaded that game on the schedule when we played Wisconsin.

I best most of the rest of the conference views Painter and Purdue the same way.

• Matt Painter is most definitely the best men’s basketball coach that Purdue currently employs.

• Iu is ready to can lil arch now

Sooooo...  The Boilers won the PRESTIGIOUS Helms Trophy for the 1931-1932 season.  How prestigious?  Well, I bet you didn't know the following.

• There was technically no Helms Foundation.  In fact, it appears that it was more of a BAKERY than an athletic foundation.  
  • The 'entity' that did exist, was not formed until 1936 (nothing like getting your championship 4 years after it 'happened)'.  

An excerpt from the Wiki page.

Founded in 1936 by Bill Schroeder and Paul Helms, the Helms Athletic Foundation was based in Los Angeles, California. The name was a misnomer, as there actually was no foundation in place to sustain the operation. Instead the foundation was subsidized completely by the Paul Helms bakery operations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helms_Athletic_Foundation

15 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

I motion to remove/delete this thread.  I know it was all in good fun, but we have no room to laugh at anyone.  We always talk about them having a little brother complex, but this thread is no better.

I second the motion.

10 hours ago, StLHoosier said:

I motion to remove/delete this thread.  I know it was all in good fun, but we have no room to laugh at anyone.  We always talk about them having a little brother complex, but this thread is no better.

I hear ya. But there are no rules issues here. We dont want to censor speech because we find it silly or childish (not saying this thread is).

That's a dangerous rabbit hole.

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I hear ya. But there are no rules issues here. We dont eant ti censor speech because we find it silly or childish (not saying this thread is).

Yeah, it is silly and childish.  And it is coming back to bite us in the ass.

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

I hear ya. But there are no rules issues here. We dont want to censor speech because we find it silly or childish (not saying this thread is).

I’m all for free speech and wouldn’t have it any other way.  I just think it is hypocritical that we say PU has an inferiority complex, yet we are doing something similar.  With the way we’ve been playing, its even worse.  Just my opinion.

Archived