The laugh at Purdue Thread...

FKIM01

8 hours ago, IUaic said:

https://www.hammerandrails.com/2018/11/1/18051334/purdue-basketball-recruiting-malik-hall-announcement

In the article it asks: Will Malik Hall choose to join our loaded 2019 recruiting class?

Don't they have 1 - 4* and 2 - 3* recruits committed? I guess that is a loaded recruiting class for them.

Not trying to pick on you but I don’t care what ranking their guys are. Until we string together a few years of beating them I’m not opening my mouth. We’ve always gotten the better players...but if they keep beating us with those 3 stars that’s all that matters. We have a bullseye on our backs here in Indiana...those 3 stars play like 4 stars etc etc when they have something to prove against us. It’s time for us to rise up and put ourselves on that next level...and that has to happen on the court. Until then there is nothing for me to put down over there...they beaten us too often for my taste and I’ll wait to gloat when we are winning and back on top.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

LOL...just keep telling yourselves this, Toiletmaker fans...

IndySouthsider said: 
We missed out on Phinesee.
Phinesee see is not as good a NE or Hunter.

Do Dah Day, Ignacious McNutt and Indy_Rider like this.
He would not play on this team. He was not a miss... CMP had Hunter, NE and Thompson in the fold. This team did not and won’t need him.

Do Dah Day and Ignacious McNutt like this.

Hey, it might be comedic relief...but let's not stoop to their level.  Win they win a championship...I just might take notice of what they are saying.  That be said they do have some fans that have some knowledge and follow the game of basketball very well.  Sad to say.....not in my family!!!!!!

Certainly there were some fans arguing that Phinisee appears to be a pretty good player (I'd argue that he's better than advertised), but most of them were loathe to admit that IU stole a really nice player right out of their back yard.

At any rate, it's always fun to read the latest fan delusion over there and Nojel's mother posting just adds to the fun, even though she has toned it down a lot from last year.  I have a feeling Nojel had something to do with that.

48 minutes ago, Wayward1 said:

Good lord, Eastern has 2 assists so far this year. Hard to say he's better than Phinesee. NE is a small forward who's the 3rd best point guard on Purdue's starting lineup. He'll get exposed as a ball handler, get upset and transfer out. 

Eastern is terrible, no ways around it.  Can't shoot from outside, 41% free throw, he's even sporting more turnovers than assists. The only thing he does better than Phinisee is rebound at this point, and that's just because he's taller. If Purdue is going to rely on Eastern's offense at all this year, they are in big trouble.

48 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

As much as I hate to say it, if I was a Purdue fan, I would be talking smack about Romeo right now too.  Hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire against three bad teams.

He's been fine.  His stroke has to adjust to all of the weight training and then his accuracy will improve.  He's also been very unselfish. 

He'd absolutely abuse Ryan Cline.

Just curious where some of these parents heads are at. I mean posting on a message board and openly discussing her son, team....opponents players?? Assuming that if she is on message boards she'll eventually find her way here. Dear Nojel's Mom....you aren't doing your son any favors now or in the future. I know you think your son is a lottery pick but for some reason he and his 2.1 points per game last year just didn't do enough to get lottery consideration. Click the x box in the upper right hand corner and don't return. Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Just curious where some of these parents heads are at. I mean posting on a message board and openly discussing her son, team....opponents players?? Assuming that if she is on message boards she'll eventually find her way here. Dear Nojel's Mom....you aren't doing your son any favors now or in the future. I know you think your son is a lottery pick but for some reason he and his 2.1 points per game last year just didn't do enough to get lottery consideration. Click the x box in the upper right hand corner and don't return. Thanks! 

Unfortunately, at least as far as the IU/PU forums are concerned, Yogi's mom set the precedence a few years back

Archived