The laugh at Purdue Thread...

FKIM01

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daughter and Mom talking

Daughter:  "Here's a picture of my new boyfriend.  His name's Matt."

Mom:  "Uhhhh....."

Daughter:  "I know that look mom.  What's wrong with him?  Is it the unkept hair?  The crooked, yellow teeth?  The chicken-wings for arms?  The totally psychotic look?"

Mom:  "No.  I don't mind any of those things at all.  It's the....It's the Purdue jersey.  Are you really that desperate?"

Image result for matt haarms image

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Daughter and Mom talking

Daughter:  "Here's a picture of my new boyfriend.  His name's Matt."

Mom:  "Uhhhh....."

Daughter:  "I know that look mom.  What's wrong with him?  Is it the unkept hair?  The crooked, yellow teeth?  The chicken-wings for arms?  The totally psychotic look?"

Mom:  "No.  I don't mind any of those things at all.  It's the....It's the Purdue jersey.  Are you really that desperate?"

Image result for matt haarms image

"But, Mom, we share EVERYTHING. Even the STD!" 

I'm just enjoying seeing the wind come out of their sails. There are two especially condescending jerks on GBI, TwinDegrees and arcb2000 or something like that. They try to sound intelligent when they talk about IU but they always end up  showing their true Tioletmaker colors and saying something ridiculously homerish. I'm guessing neither has much to say right now.

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm just enjoying seeing the wind come out of their sails. There are two especially condescending jerks on GBI, TwinDegrees and arcb2000 or something like that. They try to sound intelligent when they talk about IU but they always end up  showing their true Tioletmaker colors and saying something ridiculously homerish. I'm guessing neither has much to say right now.

I know what to say.......Cline ain't what they think he is.

37 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

You know your team is trash when your best player has 40 and you still lose to a team that just lost 3 straight going into the game lol

As I just posted in the BIG/Ncaa thread.  It is a problem when your team becomes one player dependent. 

8 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I think TwinDegrees is Ducati from the old Looper site. Former IU fan that worshipped RMK and turned his back on IU when he got canned.

I just went over to the Purdue board to see what they are saying after their latest loss to Texas. There is an actual thread started about "our" Robert Phinisee! They are wondering how he got away from Purdue and praising his accomplishments as a point guard at IU. Here is one of the posts I found interesting....

...You’re delusional if you don’t think Phinisee wouldn’t have helped this team this year. He just had 12/6/5 with 1 TO in his first B10 road game and absolutely single handily won that game for IU. Point guard play for Purdue has been atrocious this year. Phinisee has almost a 3:1 A/TO ratio.

6 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I just went over to the Purdue board to see what they are saying after their latest loss to Texas. There is an actual thread started about "our" Robert Phinisee! They are wondering how he got away from Purdue and praising his accomplishments as a point guard at IU. Here is one of the posts I found interesting....

...You’re delusional if you don’t think Phinisee wouldn’t have helped this team this year. He just had 12/6/5 with 1 TO in his first B10 road game and absolutely single handily won that game for IU. Point guard play for Purdue has been atrocious this year. Phinisee has almost a 3:1 A/TO ratio.

Hard to believe....but there are smart Purdue fans!!!!   I know a few.

20 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Yeah, there are some Purdue fan posters like BoilerIron who are actually intelligent and mostly fair about IU.  Those folks realize what a big miss Phinisee was, but looking back, I don't know what Painter could have done differently to get him.  As near as I can tell, Purdue recruited Phin hard, but I think he liked the idea of getting away from home a bit and playing for Archie (or Little Archie as some Toiletmaker fans like to call him).

....Mile commented about how Carson Edwards is being dependent upon so much for Purdue. I believe he scored 30 or 40 pts. tonight vs. Texas. It reminds me of how some of our fans are wanting Romeo's numbers to look at IU. The difference is, we really don't need him to score all those points. We have more scorers who can contribute, unfortunately the rest of the team is inconsistent, besides Romeo and Juwan.

Carson actually had an efficient game tonight, but had very little help.  Looks like the formula to beating Purdue is either (1) focus on Carson and make him inefficient like most teams have this year or (2) let Carson "get his" and focus on neutralizing the rest of the team banking on one guy not being able to beat you.  Seeing the stats makes me wonder if Texas put their best defender on Cline banking on Carson not being able to beat them by themselves.  Whatever they did, it worked.

I watched some of the  PU/Texas game.  When 55 was on Edwards he seemed to understand the no help no recover defense they tried to play on him.

Then someone else would guard him, wouldn't stick tight on the screens, or seemed to get lost when Edwards would float instead of cutting.  All of a sudden Edwards would have that small window he needed to get a shot off.

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Conversely, you have this absolute moron:

Phinessee is ok. Definitely not a world beater. He can't shoot a lick . He has to play for iu . He is the only player on the team that can handle the ball

...another complete Toiletmaker Homer predicting Hunter will be better than Phin (remember when they used to say how Ronnie Johnson was going to be better than Yogi? 😂😂😂

I can't stand Phinisee. I don't blame Painter for this. The kid has no allegiance to his hometown school and then chooses its biggest rival - so good riddance. You want to play for little Archie? Really? Come on man! Before it is all said and done Hunter will have the better career.

...and Nojel's delusional mom to the rescue!

cropper364 said: 
Phinny is going to have a much much much better collegiate career than Nojel. Sorry mom but it’s just a fact. I hope your boy makes an NBA team in a few years and maybe he’ll do well...who knows? When I read your posts it seems you’re more worried about the NBA than Purdue anyways.
He has more NBA potential than phinny that’s a fact.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

...and Nojel's delusional mom to the rescue!

cropper364 said: 
Phinny is going to have a much much much better collegiate career than Nojel. Sorry mom but it’s just a fact. I hope your boy makes an NBA team in a few years and maybe he’ll do well...who knows? When I read your posts it seems you’re more worried about the NBA than Purdue anyways.
He has more NBA potential than phinny that’s a fact.

Little brother indeed.

IU = Thor

Purdue = Loki

Archived