The laugh at Purdue Thread...

FKIM01

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what do Purdue fans do when their basketball team is playing like a turd in the punch bowl?  Why, accuse their rival of cheating for the 402nd time, of course!

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/dakich-on-eric-anderson-eric-didnt-require-100-000-to-attend-iu-like-a-current-player-did.159173/

Of course, now they LOVE Dakich but completely ignore the fact that shoe companies sponsor the vast majority of AAU teams and Caleb Swanigan was owned by Nike.

...and we have an arcb102000 sighting in the thread.  Guess old arc stopped licking his wounds long enough to take a swipe at a rival with something more impressive than a national cheerleading championship.

So....

I actually went to Rupp Rafters for the first time today to check out the Green transfer threads (Yes, multiple threads!).

I can't believe it's a better read forum than the Purdue Rivals board!

I was shocked and amazed. No wonder I check the Purdue board during lunch for a good laugh!!! 

"Defense lives here"

It sure doesn't at Banker's life.  Purdue on pace to give up almost 100 against Notre Dame...😂

Lucky for Purdue, Notre Dame cooled off, but Carson is being his typical inefficient self...throwing up shots from everywhere and missing most of them.

I'll bet 2-6 Purdue is ready to be done with the Crossroads Classic.

NPOY candidate Carson has another inefficient game going 8-22 for 27 and the Toiletmakers go down again.

Robert Phinisee, the player Purdue "didn't want anyway" hits the game winner for IU vs. Butler.

What a great day in college basketball! 

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I'll bet 2-6 Purdue is ready to be done with the Crossroads Classic.

NPOY candidate Carson has another inefficient game going 8-22 for 27 and the Toiletmakers go down again.

Robert Phinisee, the player Purdue "didn't want anyway" hits the game winner for IU vs. Butler.

What a great day in college basketball! 

I love it when a plan comes together.

On 12/10/2018 at 10:45 AM, FKIM01 said:

None of those pass the eye test. They really have one player and he's very streaky. Usually not efficient like he was against Texas. I still have to wonder how much of last year is factored in. Purdue is simply not a top-25 team based on what they've done THIS season.

None of the rankings systems are perfect, but some are really good. That said, every year there is a team or two that for whatever reason remains ranked high despite struggling actually win basketball games. This season, Purdue may be that team. 

26 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Great thing is all the boiler fans supporting Painter in the mentions. Keep him there forever. 

This is a strong argument against hiring a former player/alum as a coach. If they have any level of success during their tenure, it's much more difficult to part ways when they don't. The AD, boosters, etc. are more likely to be excessively patient. It's a recipe for mediocrity.

3 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

It’s definitely the SOS. KenPom has them 4th in the country. They definitely don’t belong where they are ranked, obviously. 

Actually, KenPom has discovered a bug in their calculations that gives undue credit for winning the 1932 Helms trophy.  After removing that, Purdue falls to 170th, between Seattle at Austin Peay.

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This is a strong argument against hiring a former player/alum as a coach. If they have any level of success during their tenure, it's much more difficult to part ways when they don't. The AD, boosters, etc. are more likely to be excessively patient. It's a recipe for mediocrity.

I would argue that Purdue is a recipe for mediocrity no matter who the coach is....just sayin'

Archived