The laugh at Purdue Thread...

FKIM01

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I guess Peeyuuu knows they can beat IU in football???   :(

I get a kick out of the ones saying they're more interested in football because football season isn't over yet. College football season is over for all but about 10 teams. No one cares about 80% of the bowl games.

38 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I get a kick out of the ones saying they're more interested in football because football season isn't over yet. College football season is over for all but about 10 teams. No one cares about 80% of the bowl games.

Actually it is over for all but four......the rest are playing in the football NIT.

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Especially the Toilet Bowl Pardoo will be participating in.

• if cline shoots his avg % this season to date we're looking at a coach of the year candidate...maybe
  • IndySouthsider said: 
    Funny.

Painter was extended to 2024 in October
    No, that's not funny!
  • northside100 said: 
    Brohm is one year younger than Painter.
    I never said painter was old for a coach. He isn't exciting tho
  • BoilerInChiTown said: 
    I'm going SCREAM and punch someone out if Grady start tomorrow. Get Evan, Wheeler and Tre some god d@mn minutes, it can't get any worse so get them some experience. It's not looking good for us the next 2-3 years as I see no chance of Edwards coming back next year.

I'm not one of those fire Painter crowd. But get a god d@mn recruiter in here ASAP or get fired in a couple of years.

AND QUIT BLAMING THE KIDS IT'S ALL ON YOU AS THE COACH. YOU RECRUITED THEM AND YOU CHOSE WHO TO PLAY AS WELL AS YOUR STAFF.
    Jesus Christ you hatertards are just freaking morons.
  • New
    bonefish1 said: 
    All you have to look at is how many PGs Keady and Painter have put in the NBA......PG is the most important position on the floor and definitely the most important in tourney time. 
    The Keady (and until Carsen) and Painter PG philosophy, except for a few minor exceptions, has been a pass-first, defense first, PG. Not a creator, and not someone who can get points on their own.
    This is a philosophy they've both had and IMHO, a big reason they've struggled to recruit highly rated PGs.
    Agreed whole-heartedly. We've had one NBA caliber PG since 1980 and even he dribbled the ball off of his own foot in a Purdue NC game (aka a Sweet 16 game).

1 hour ago, cybergates said:
  • if cline shoots his avg % this season to date we're looking at a coach of the year candidate...maybe
  • IndySouthsider said: 
    Funny.

Painter was extended to 2024 in October
    No, that's not funny!
  • northside100 said: 
    Brohm is one year younger than Painter.
    I never said painter was old for a coach. He isn't exciting tho
  • BoilerInChiTown said: 
    I'm going SCREAM and punch someone out if Grady start tomorrow. Get Evan, Wheeler and Tre some god d@mn minutes, it can't get any worse so get them some experience. It's not looking good for us the next 2-3 years as I see no chance of Edwards coming back next year.

I'm not one of those fire Painter crowd. But get a god d@mn recruiter in here ASAP or get fired in a couple of years.

AND QUIT BLAMING THE KIDS IT'S ALL ON YOU AS THE COACH. YOU RECRUITED THEM AND YOU CHOSE WHO TO PLAY AS WELL AS YOUR STAFF.
    Jesus Christ you hatertards are just freaking morons.
  • New
    bonefish1 said: 
    All you have to look at is how many PGs Keady and Painter have put in the NBA......PG is the most important position on the floor and definitely the most important in tourney time. 
    The Keady (and until Carsen) and Painter PG philosophy, except for a few minor exceptions, has been a pass-first, defense first, PG. Not a creator, and not someone who can get points on their own.
    This is a philosophy they've both had and IMHO, a big reason they've struggled to recruit highly rated PGs.
    Agreed whole-heartedly. We've had one NBA caliber PG since 1980 and even he dribbled the ball off of his own foot in a Purdue NC game (aka a Sweet 16 game).

At least someone on that board has some sense.

All of this will be for not if we don't beat them. How bad will people feel if we lose to an inferior Purdue team? The whole season doesn't rest on that game for sure but I don't get the point of making fun of them at least until we play and hopefully beat them. There is a lot of basketball to be played between now and March.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

All of this will be for not if we don't beat them. How bad will people feel if we lose to an inferior Purdue team? The whole season doesn't rest on that game for sure but I don't get the point of making fun of them at least until we play and hopefully beat them. There is a lot of basketball to be played between now and March.

We will beat them twice, I'm not even concerned about that game.

47 minutes ago, SIHoosier26 said:

We will beat them twice, I'm not even concerned about that game.

I sure hope so....given it's a rivalry game...I'm sure it will be like a NC game for them. Mackey isn't an easy place to get a W...even in a down year for them. Add that we are loaded with freshman...even tougher. We should win...but I take nothing for granted.

23 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I sure hope so....given it's a rivalry game...I'm sure it will be like a NC game for them. Mackey isn't an easy place to get a W...even in a down year for them. Add that we are loaded with freshman...even tougher. We should win...but I take nothing for granted.

True I just feel like we have so much room to improve, we haven't even played that well yet outside of Marquette. Yet we still boast one of the best noncon resumes in the conference. Purdue has such a lack of talent right now, I see them in the bottom 3rd of the Big 10.

4 minutes ago, SIHoosier26 said:

True I just feel like we have so much room to improve, we haven't even played that well yet outside of Marquette. Yet we still boast one of the best noncon resumes in the conference. Purdue has such a lack of talent right now, I see them in the bottom 3rd of the Big 10.

Yeah...I thought their coach and tough play would allow them to land a tourney bid...say 10 or 11 seed or something....but that is unlikely. That ND loss is going to haunt them...with Phluegger out ND will not be a tourney team likely...so the more ND loses the more it hurts Purdue. I've now moved Iowa and Nebraska ahead of them in my B1G projections. We do have a huge upside but relying on so many freshman and our inconsistent shooting gives me reason to believe we will have a few let downs this year....and going into Mackey...even a veteran senior laden class can have issues playing there with the calls.

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

This thread has been fun but motion to kill it and keep turd talk in ncaa thread.  I find this embarrassing, even if it's funny.  It feels like bad karma and Illinois or purpooish.

Motion to kill

You realize Rupps Rafters (Kentucky board) has a thread called,  "bump this thread when IU sucks?" Every rival does it no matter who they are.

Oh and by the way, screw the Boilers.

Guys, this thread is just for fun.  IU gets mentioned in the vast majority of GBI threads...it's what obsessed little brothers do in rivalries.  Keeping most of the Toiletmaker talk in one thread allows for easier reading in the rest of the forum.

On that note, I saw Purdue's defensive rankings on the B1G show tonight...aye aye aye...several 300+ numbers.  Defense has checked out of West Laughy.

13 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Guys, this thread is just for fun.  IU gets mentioned in the vast majority of GBI threads...it's what obsessed little brothers do in rivalries.  Keeping most of the Toiletmaker talk in one thread allows for easier reading in the rest of the forum.

On that note, I saw Purdue's defensive rankings on the B1G show tonight...aye aye aye...several 300+ numbers.  Defense has checked out of West Laughy.

Makes since. They lost some senior leaders. Mathias was a great defender and of course Haas would make scoring at the rim difficult. Considering Carson is only interested in scoring it makes sense they took a step back. Considering our strength is getting to the bucket and high percentage shots..unless Purdue goes off from 3...and they could..we should beat them.

Archived