The laugh at Purdue Thread...

FKIM01

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Brohm has yet to do anything. Unless you think 6-6 is something remarkable. Until he wins the B1G West I'm not going to get carried away. Get Purdue to the Rose Bowl. That should be the standard....he is absolutely better than what they had before but he isn't any more innovative or better than Joe so far. I get the optimistic outlook...but he hasn't accomplished anything yet. Recruits...that may or may not show results on the field. I hope he does win a lot of games at Purdue...I enjoy watching all Indiana teams have success...but he hasn't yet...and celebrating 6-6 is not a big deal to me. I hope IU has a lot more success...but I'm not going to get blown away until I see us start actually contending for a B1G title game appearance. If we go to a bowl...that is nice...but that isn't going to get me excited. We will see what happens on the field. Brohm had some really bad losses this year...I'm going to give it some time before I believe the hype train. All I know is Painter has won the B1G..even though he is limited with his recruiting he fields a very very competitive teams year in and year out that while haven't had a deep run into the tournament usually finish higher than expected. We will see if Brohm can do that. He may very well achieve it...but I've just not seen enough to know if he will take Purdue as far as what people are acting like he will achieve. I'd love to say Archie is going to be that next big thing at IU....he certainly is recruiting well...but there is still things that we just don't know yet with will that translate to the floor with his coaching. Who knows...maybe he will end up like his brother and recruit great but never have tournament success....time will tell. I'm a results orientated guy....what matter to me is W's. When I see that jump at Purdue and they finish atop or fighting at the top of their division I will say this guy has done great....until then..it's hype.

Not sure why you are degradingwhat he has done with what was in the cupboard.  

The four years before he arrived they were 9-39.  

The last two, with garbage recruiting classes,  13-12.  

Rose bowl is pretty lofty expectations for a bottom dweller.  

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, cybergates said:

It's not that hard. OSU isn't that good, so you thinking Purdue could win the B1G championship in the next few years based on beating them is overestimating the significance of that win. They embarrassed themselves by getting blown out by a mediocre team that lost to Eastern Michigan and got destroyed by Minnesota. I didn't say anything about OSU losing the game more than Purdue winning it or that it was a fluky win. 

Lol at “OSU isn’t that good.”

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Not sure why you are degradingwhat he has done with what was in the cupboard.  

The four years before he arrived they were 9-39.  

The last two, with garbage recruiting classes,  13-12.  

Rose bowl is pretty lofty expectations for a bottom dweller.  

Look. If you want me to get excited about a coach then he has to show me what he can do on the field. He may very well do that...who knows...but losing to Eastern Michigan and getting waxed by Minnesota and last year losing to Rutgers tells me there is plenty of inconsistencies. They beat Ohio St. A home game with the whole world rooting for them and cancer patient too. That is great but they are going to have to do more than that and go 6-6 for me to say they are on their way. I didn't say that about Archie last year for getting us to 500. He has to improve the team on the court not just in the recruiting trail. What good is getting 5* kids if you can't do anything with them...or they leave before you accomplish something. I think both are on the right track but I'm not going to say either are star coaches until I see the results. They got potential. All I know if I could have a proven coach like Joe Tiller who came in and won right away when the team had perhaps was even worse than what Brohm took over considering Purdue had only two winning season in the past 14 before he got there or an up and comer who may or may not be a good coach...I'd take Tiller...I don't think he gets enough credit. I'm not saying Brohm has no potential...I just am going to sit back and wait to see the success play out before I get on the Boiler hype train. So far I've liked what I've seen with Archie...his team has improved...however if he finishes 500 just like last year...I sure wouldn't be screaming "Were back!!". 500 doesn't get me excited...it's luke warm....I hate luke warm. I'd rather be hot or cold...good or bad....mediocre just doesn't cut it. I need to know I need change or I don't. Hanging around at the margins it just drags out the inevitable. I hope him much success until he plays IU next year. Good for him for staying at Purdue...but dang that's a lot of money for a 500 coach....now he needs to go earn it....not on paper with his recruits but on the field.

42 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Look. If you want me to get excited about a coach then he has to show me what he can do on the field. He may very well do that...who knows...but losing to Eastern Michigan and getting waxed by Minnesota and last year losing to Rutgers tells me there is plenty of inconsistencies. They beat Ohio St. A home game with the whole world rooting for them and cancer patient too. That is great but they are going to have to do more than that and go 6-6 for me to say they are on their way. I didn't say that about Archie last year for getting us to 500. He has to improve the team on the court not just in the recruiting trail. What good is getting 5* kids if you can't do anything with them...or they leave before you accomplish something. I think both are on the right track but I'm not going to say either are star coaches until I see the results. They got potential. All I know if I could have a proven coach like Joe Tiller who came in and won right away when the team had perhaps was even worse than what Brohm took over considering Purdue had only two winning season in the past 14 before he got there or an up and comer who may or may not be a good coach...I'd take Tiller...I don't think he gets enough credit. I'm not saying Brohm has no potential...I just am going to sit back and wait to see the success play out before I get on the Boiler hype train. So far I've liked what I've seen with Archie...his team has improved...however if he finishes 500 just like last year...I sure wouldn't be screaming "Were back!!". 500 doesn't get me excited...it's luke warm....I hate luke warm. I'd rather be hot or cold...good or bad....mediocre just doesn't cut it. I need to know I need change or I don't. Hanging around at the margins it just drags out the inevitable. I hope him much success until he plays IU next year. Good for him for staying at Purdue...but dang that's a lot of money for a 500 coach....now he needs to go earn it....not on paper with his recruits but on the field.

What record will it take from Brohm for you to be a believer? And Brohm inherited worse talent than Tiller did. Brohm inherited talent from the worst 4-year stretch in program history. 

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

What record will it take from Brohm for you to be a believer? And Brohm inherited worse talent than Tiller did. Brohm inherited talent from the worst 4-year stretch in program history. 

With their schedule next year I say 9-3 and a trip to the B1G championship game.  I really would be impressed.

11 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think he made it clear its Rose Bowl or bust. Hard to please therefore I am bowing out of this illogical conversation.

20 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I think he made it clear its Rose Bowl or bust. Hard to please therefore I am bowing out of this illogical conversation.

So you're saying holding a Purdue coach to a standard Jim Harbaugh has failed to achieve at Michigan is unreasonable? Interesting take. 

/S

Archived