The laugh at Purdue Thread...

FKIM01

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, cybergates said:

56-7 at the half. Definitely has me laughing at Purdue and wonder-Brohm

Just like I wasn't going to get all excited about Purdue beating OSU...I'm not getting excited he got blown out in this bowl game. The B1G was really down this year...I mean Northwestern won their division and basically got waxed by every out of conference foe they faced. So going 6-6 after playing in the B1G West didn't impress me much. I think Brohm is still a "good" coach.....but I'm not going to start a movement or get all worked up about him until he at least does what Joe Tiller did....and Joe took over a HORRIBLE program too I don't know what everyone was getting on about. To say Jeff can't get to the B1G championship game for me is enough reason for me not to get excited. You can't beat Wisconsin and Iowa and Northwestern...to me you aren't going to get on my radar. You go 6-6 or 7-5 or 8-4 with easy out of conference wins but lose when it matters...I can't get excited. If I was a Michigan fan I couldn't be excited about Harbaugh either. I'm not a fan of Jim's. He loses to MSU,PSU, and OSU most of the time. Now...with Myers gone he really needs to step up his game...because if that continues the next couple years...Jimbo may be the next coach at IU....or go crawling back to the NFL as an assistant. Anyways I'm done...people on both sides have their opinion....I'm just not impressed yet with Brohm. Can he lead Purdue to the top of the West....perhaps...but that is what it will take to get me on board with him....otherwise it's a lot of money for little return.

54 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This game just shows you the difference between the 2 conferences. The size and athletic abilities of both lines are the main differences between the two conferences and that is why the SEC is the superior conference.

I'll grant you the SEC is the better football league, but not THAT much better.  The Toiletmakers just sucked today.

11 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Didn’t help we were missing 3 starters on D. I can’t wait until the day the roster is completely purged of Hazell recruits. 

So those 3 players played you think the game would have been that much closer.  Auburn called off the dogs in the 3rd quarter and could have put up 80+ points if they wanted to.

58 minutes ago, dgambill said:

1.  I think Brohm is still a "good" coach.

2.If I was a Michigan fan I couldn't be excited.

3.Jimbo may be the next coach at IU....or go crawling back to the NFL as an assistant. 

1. Thank you.  Purdue fans may be ready to crown him as he's clearly "good."  But no one here was starting a movement, we were just stating the obvious. 

2. Agree.  He better start owning the B1G

3. You do realize the jets and packers have been rumored to be interested in him.  The jets have now denied the rumor after jim went all over ESPN denying he's leaving saying he has big plans, blah blah blah.   

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So those 3 players played you think the game would have been that much closer.  Auburn called off the dogs in the 3rd quarter and could have put up 80+ points if they wanted to.

Never said I thought it’d be that much closer. I think it could’ve helped but the overall outcome wouldn’t have changed a ton. 

53 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Didn’t help we were missing 3 starters on D. I can’t wait until the day the roster is completely purged of Hazell recruits. 

That is like saying we got waxed by Duke because we had guys injured that hadn't practiced in weeks come back...and we will be so happy when we are rid of all the CTC recruits. A great coach should be able to have his guys ready to compete. Sometimes this stuff happens and a game gets away...clearly that happened...but perhaps Brohm needs to work as hard at those practices and game planning then he does on the recruiting trail. I still am not sold he is the next Urban Meyer.

This isn't just a Brohm thing...I like him....just like I like Archie..but no matter how good the recruiting we have to see some results on the W/L line or it's just hype. I'm pulling for both..and time will tell if either can take their teams to that next step...until then Painter is the only one who has won a B1G championship...so I know he is a good coach....he just isn't a great recruiter or can't get kids to go to Purdue to take them over the top.

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

LOL...7-5 Auburn scores again. 63-7 and there's talk of the Auburn coach on the hot seat?!!

To be fair, I'm pretty sure Auburn's recruiting rankings are better nationally than Purdue's are in the Big Ten. There is a Grand Canyon sized talent gap between the two teams; the fact that Auburn went 7-5 with Ohio State or Michigan type talent is why 7-5 puts a coach on the hot seat. 

46 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

To be fair, I'm pretty sure Auburn's recruiting rankings are better nationally than Purdue's are in the Big Ten. There is a Grand Canyon sized talent gap between the two teams; the fact that Auburn went 7-5 with Ohio State or Michigan type talent is why 7-5 puts a coach on the hot seat. 

That's enough of that type of talk...this is the laugh at Purdue thread!

I mean seriously...someone thought it was a fairly even matchup or they wouldn't have been paired together, right?

Purdue trying to navigate that grand canyon gap today...

5a9c83fcb387e_TrainWreck-Imgur.gif.d1f2f98ee5351b3a980e25bb9be73f6e.gif

13 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That's enough of that type of talk...this is the laugh at Purdue thread!

I mean seriously...someone thought it was a fairly even matchup or they wouldn't have been paired together, right?

Purdue trying to navigate that grand canyon gap today...

5a9c83fcb387e_TrainWreck-Imgur.gif.d1f2f98ee5351b3a980e25bb9be73f6e.gif

It’s a combination of matchup but also how likely it is the teams will sell a lot of their ticket allotment. I think Purdue jumped a few B1G teams in getting the Music City Bowl because of the likelihood they’d sell a lot of tickets. 

In terms of talent between the two teams, it was night and day different. 

10 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It’s a combination of matchup but also how likely it is the teams will sell a lot of their ticket allotment. I think Purdue jumped a few B1G teams in getting the Music City Bowl because of the likelihood they’d sell a lot of tickets. 

In terms of talent between the two teams, it was night and day different. 

This is correct as far as how matchups are picked. 

It could have been a good game; Auburn didn't play up to their potential most of the season and could have mailed in their effort, being disappointed to be in a game like that. Instead, they chose to salvage a little bit of good taste from the season and beat the pee out of Urdue. 

45 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

This is correct as far as how matchups are picked. 

It could have been a good game; Auburn didn't play up to their potential most of the season and could have mailed in their effort, being disappointed to be in a game like that. Instead, they chose to salvage a little bit of good taste from the season and beat the pee out of Urdue. 

Hit the nail on the head here sir. 

6 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I also got a kick out of the crybabies who were whining about Auburn running up the score.

Seriously? Those people should stop watching sports. Auburn did the opposite of run up the score. The only team who played that game who should be ashamed of their sportsmanship is Purdue for trying to start multiple fights. 

14 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Why is there any reason to “be fair “ to Purdue?

Their campus is god awful ugly. Their head coach has yet to prove hie can post a winning record in a Big 5 conference. W. Lafayette is putrid. 

For every Ohio State game they use to justify “Wonder Brohm”, the Eastern Michigan loss is the counterpoint.

Not sure why any IU fan would want to be fair, or espouse anything pro Purdue 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Seriously? Those people should stop watching sports. Auburn did the opposite of run up the score. The only team who played that game who should be ashamed of their sportsmanship is Purdue for trying to start multiple fights. 

Hell the refs should have let them fight....might have made the game worth watching!  Yeah, Gus took mercy on Purdue's souls.  

Archived