The laugh at Purdue Thread...

FKIM01

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the 1st half of the MSU v. Purdue game.  Purdue was ahead early as MSU couldn't get much going offensively.  I think Purdue had a lead through the 1st 10 minutes, but they went cold for 5 or 6 minutes during which they did not score.  MSU found some offense by Winston pulling away to lead by 13 at half.   McQuaid was the reason Edwards had such an awful game.  He's pretty tall, and he was able to stay with Edwards as he cut and weaved to try to get open.  When he tried to shoot, McQuaid got his hand up and was very difficult to shoot over.  I suspect we'll see McQaid guarding Langford when we play.   MSU's Langford didn't play as he's been injured.

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

It's not a particularly good stat line in baseball either.  :coffee:

Well, the 3-16 came against the Mets in a 4 game series.  Had to face Seaver, Koosman, Matlack, and Ryan.  The 2-13 came in a 3 games vs. the Dodgers where I faced John, Sutton, and Rau.

The key which was exposed last night and a few other times against PU is keying in on Edwards and making him be inefficient.  You make it tough on him all game long, it will take the entire PU team to keep the game close(which has rarely happened).  This has to be key for Archie(of course I am sure he is aware of this from a defensive standpoint) when we play PU both at Mackey and AH. 

12 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

This is their NPOY. 16 shots...11 points. 4 turnovers and zero assists. Just shows what happens when a defense keys on him.

They all played like crap. The only one I really see stepping up there is the William's kid and he doesn't even start.

Sounded like Eastern got burned on defense too. #NBANotReady

The Williams kid looked much much better than Harms. I think he will end up being the real deal (go to guy on offense). They can dump it in and play off him similarly to Haas. He played decent defense too. Eastern looked lost on offense....as did everyone the other night...it was painful game to watch. MSU looked terrible too. They miss Langford a ton. Both teams shot the ball poorly and it was a sloppy played game. I thought Eastern guarded Winston pretty decent. Yes he got burned a couple times but his length I think troubled Cassius a bit. If it wasn't for a couple transition and second chance 3's I didn't think Cassius played a great game. Anyways, it did get close at about the 10 min mark but Purdue just couldn't string together much offense...and Carson did play the worst game I think I've ever seen him. Air balling 3's...forcing shots...it wasn't pretty. Purdue home and road are just two very different squads...and they go as Carson goes. I just think Williams needs more playing time and to be the focus of their offense more.

I don't think Harms took the leap they expected for a RS soph.  He's moved forward statistically, but not a lot.  He's gone from 17.1 minutes to just 17.9 minutes and is not starting every game like you'd think he would with Cockburn gone.  An increase of 0.8 minutes played does not exactly scream confidence from the coach.

37 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The Williams kid looked much much better than Harms. I think he will end up being the real deal (go to guy on offense). They can dump it in and play off him similarly to Haas. He played decent defense too. Eastern looked lost on offense....as did everyone the other night...it was painful game to watch. MSU looked terrible too. They miss Langford a ton. Both teams shot the ball poorly and it was a sloppy played game. I thought Eastern guarded Winston pretty decent. Yes he got burned a couple times but his length I think troubled Cassius a bit. If it wasn't for a couple transition and second chance 3's I didn't think Cassius played a great game. Anyways, it did get close at about the 10 min mark but Purdue just couldn't string together much offense...and Carson did play the worst game I think I've ever seen him. Air balling 3's...forcing shots...it wasn't pretty. Purdue home and road are just two very different squads...and they go as Carson goes. I just think Williams needs more playing time and to be the focus of their offense more.

I saw only the first half last night, but you're right Haarms seems to be losing ground.  He didn't start last night, and he only played a little in the first half and 10 minutes for the whole game.  He did have a lot of foul trouble with 4.

11 minutes ago, slojoe said:

I saw only the first half last night, but you're right Haarms seems to be losing ground.  He didn't start last night, and he only played a little in the first half and 10 minutes for the whole game.  He did have a lot of foul trouble with 4.

I'm not meaning to belittle the kid....but he looked like a goofy 8th grader out there. All arms flinging around. He has not refined his game. Williams....that kid is the real deal. He is going to be a load for the next 4 years. We just need to punish him in transition.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

I'm not meaning to belittle the kid....but he looked like a goofy 8th grader out there. All arms flinging around. He has not refined his game. Williams....that kid is the real deal. He is going to be a load for the next 4 years. We just need to punish him in transition.

Quit insulting goofy 8th graders.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Williams,Haarms, Carson?( does he warrant first name basis?). They all play for Purdue. They all suck 

Dad came over yesterday morning.  Spent an hour talking about his Boilers.  Gave me a headache.  The gist of what he said was.....Edwards sucks, Eastern sucks, Haarms sucks, Eifert sucks, the Williams kid looks pretty good, Cline is streaky, and that the Haarms kid double sucks.  Been awhile since I had seen Pop's face so red!  I cleaned it up for you guys, but let me tell you the f-bombs were flying out of his mouth.  Not a happy Boiler fan at all.  I had to give him a beer to calm him down.  

On 1/9/2019 at 1:58 AM, FKIM01 said:

Plenty to laugh about here including the shooting efficiency of Turdue's NPOY and Eastern's proficiency from the charity stripe.

Screenshot_20190109-014658_Sports.thumb.jpg.52ad7438b5f161c1bb569c8fc03c1955.jpg

3-9 from the floor and 1-6 from the stripe? Not bad.

I wonder if he'll declare for the draft again. He is tall so he's got that going for him.

:coffee:

I happened to look at a thread over there that I thought was amusing. It was from last January but was brought back for some reason. Opinions there have changed a lot in a year.

They thought Painter was on track to be the next great B10 coach after Izzo. Now there's a lot of talk about replacing him. 

Someone mentioned Ill and OSU as the B10 teams in the best position as far as coaching and recruiting. 

4 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

I happened to look at a thread over there that I thought was amusing. It was from last January but was brought back for some reason. Opinions there have changed a lot in a year.

They thought Painter was on track to be the next great B10 coach after Izzo. Now there's a lot of talk about replacing him. 

Someone mentioned Ill and OSU as the B10 teams in the best position as far as coaching and recruiting. 

Illinois?!!!

Painter3.jpg.ba6afd81ade6066aeee1c4222a77b3f2.jpg

2039602951_Minionlaughing.gif.62fb389cbfd1d10308cf37c6db8c21c5.gif

14 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

Link would be great!

Archived