The laugh at Purdue Thread...

FKIM01

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Did you know that Purdue is better than any team we've beaten?

Funny, my cousin tried telling me the same thing.  I said, "Get out of here".  He said, "I am serious".  I said, "You must have misunderstood me".  He said, "I am serious".  I said, "Yeah, that is why I want you to leave".

4 hours ago, SIHoosier26 said:

My favorite was the guy that said IU hasn't beaten anyone. Nevermind IU has 5 top 50 wins on Kenpom more than anyone else in the Big 10. Also four quadrant 1 wins already, based on the new Net rankings. At this point they are just making stuff up to make themselves feel better.

They keep saying they're ranked higher on Kenpom...when it's mentioned last year's numbers still influence that and IU has 5 top 50 wins, they bring up SOS. When it's mentioned they have no quality wins, they go back to Kenpom. When NET rankings are mentioned, they talk about how Langford can't shoot threes.

Someone on that board said before the season that Illinois had better guards than MSU. Seriously.

26 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

They keep saying they're ranked higher on Kenpom...when it's mentioned last year's numbers still influence that and IU has 5 top 50 wins, they bring up SOS. When it's mentioned they have no quality wins, they go back to Kenpom. When NET rankings are mentioned, they talk about how Langford can't shoot threes.

Someone on that board said before the season that Illinois had better guards than MSU. Seriously.

Well, if I was a Purdue fan I would be more concerned about Haarms' hair than I would be about Langford's 3-pt shooting.  Just sayin'

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

That's Mkgcbb, he's just a troll, he only tries to rile up IU fans. He actually does the same things on other boards anytime IU is mentioned. It's really sad.

I have one friend who is a Purdue fan so that's all I have into the pulse of their fans but he says that all of his friends and him are saying the same. Great coaching hire in Brohm is really starting to put some pressure on basketball program. Nothing earth shattering but it is true. Hire a good coach and the recruits will come. The fact that Painter has had 1 5 star guy in 14 years is amazing. 

As I've always said. I like Painter. Think he's a good guy, clean,etc....but eventually even the most ardent Painter supporter has to ask after 14 years is this all we are? On the flip side...I remember many of us saying the same thing about Bill Mallory on the football side of things. 6 bowls in 11 seasons wasn't good enough to save him after his final 2 years. Painter could be heading to those final 2 years so to speak if he doesn't find some help real quick. After CE leaves this year....they'll be in Rutgers, Illinois area. 

The really sad thing about that board is their blind hatred of IU.  I mean, everyone here acknowledges that Edwards is a very good player and Painter is a good coach but over there they have posters that are in full denial about anything credible about IU.  A great example is that mkbxyhs guy who posted his all big-10 list yesterday and left Morgan off both the first and second team.  Then there's the wishful thinking that Romeo would be a dud and came to IU only because of recruiting shenanigans. SMH.  I can only imagine how they would have reacted if RL had miraculously chosen to play at purdue - they start clearing space in the trophy case if they get a guy ranked under triple digits.

I don't know, but that one purdue guy that posts on IU boards always disclaims that board as being full of idiots, but as far as I know it's their ONLY message board.  And they complain about why IU gets more media coverage (maybe it's because of the huge disparity in fan interest?).  I truly believe they have a bit of an inferiority complex about the status of their sports programs.

I've said it before - I know many Purdue fans and most of them are good people - not prone to being AH's (at least to me).

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I have one friend who is a Purdue fan so that's all I have into the pulse of their fans but he says that all of his friends and him are saying the same. Great coaching hire in Brohm is really starting to put some pressure on basketball program. Nothing earth shattering but it is true. Hire a good coach and the recruits will come. The fact that Painter has had 1 5 star guy in 14 years is amazing. 

As I've always said. I like Painter. Think he's a good guy, clean,etc....but eventually even the most ardent Painter supporter has to ask after 14 years is this all we are? On the flip side...I remember many of us saying the same thing about Bill Mallory on the football side of things. 6 bowls in 11 seasons wasn't good enough to save him after his final 2 years. Painter could be heading to those final 2 years so to speak if he doesn't find some help real quick. After CE leaves this year....they'll be in Rutgers, Illinois area. 

I don't see them falling that far down. Fact is he is a pretty good coach...and even if he doesn't land 5* guys he will be able to get enough talent...even if just left over talent in Indiana to be a quality team. I mean they always have guys step up and lead. They just need some balance. Their best run came when Indiana was struggling...so yes they may the conference championships might come very much harder to obtain but this is a program that should bounce back and probably still will get an 9/10 seed or something. I think declaring them dead is a bit a step too far. Good coach...fertile recruiting territory...no reason they can't compete in the middle of the B1G and occasionally have a senior laden class make a s16 run....but if they expect F4s etc...yeah that's probably not happening. Brohm is a good get for them but even he isn't going to win them a B1G championship or something. To celebrate going 6-6 like you won something special to me is just craziness. Brohm isn't any better a coach then Painter...and neither program is an elite level one that will attract any better than they currently have.

2 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I don't know, but that one purdue guy that posts on IU boards always disclaims that board as being full of idiots, but as far as I know it's their ONLY message board.  And they complain about why IU gets more media coverage (maybe it's because of the huge disparity in fan interest?).  I truly believe they have a bit of an inferiority complex about the status of their sports programs.

I've said it before - I know many Purdue fans and most of them are good people - not prone to being AH's (at least to me).

They only turn into A-holes when they get behind a keyboard. 😜

...and yes, Carson is a good player. All I've been saying is that he's not NPOY good...not even close, especially not when he's as up and down efficiency-wise as he is this year. The better teams may give him 20+, but he'll take almost the same number of shots as points to get there. That's not a winning formula and I'm starting to wonder if he'll even leave after this year, but yeah...he's good enough I hope he does.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

I don't see them falling that far down. Fact is he is a pretty good coach...and even if he doesn't land 5* guys he will be able to get enough talent...even if just left over talent in Indiana to be a quality team. I mean they always have guys step up and lead. They just need some balance. Their best run came when Indiana was struggling...so yes they may the conference championships might come very much harder to obtain but this is a program that should bounce back and probably still will get an 9/10 seed or something. I think declaring them dead is a bit a step too far. Good coach...fertile recruiting territory...no reason they can't compete in the middle of the B1G and occasionally have a senior laden class make a s16 run....but if they expect F4s etc...yeah that's probably not happening. Brohm is a good get for them but even he isn't going to win them a B1G championship or something. To celebrate going 6-6 like you won something special to me is just craziness. Brohm isn't any better a coach then Painter...and neither program is an elite level one that will attract any better than they currently have.

I too am perplexed as to why they and even those outside Turdue think Brohm is such a great coach. Two 6-6 regular seasons where they went 4-5 and 5-4 in the weak B1G West. I think it must be

a) they were so bad prior to his arrival that they overvalue his turnaround of the program

and/or 

b) because Louisville this year and Tennessee last year were speculated as spots he might jump ship to he must be great if they want him?

Much like Painter I'm fine with Brohm being their head coach. If only we could get out of the damn B1G East and swap spots with them. 

4 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I don't know, but that one purdue guy that posts on IU boards always disclaims that board as being full of idiots, but as far as I know it's their ONLY message board. 

It's really just a microcosm of Purdue fans in general. Earlier this week on social media, I saw a picture of someone with a Purdue coffee mug. When they raised the cup to drink from it, it said "IU SUCKS" on the bottom. The comments were full of Purdue fans saying what a great gift and how awesome that was. It really doesn't surprise me how many idiots are on their message boards, because a lot of Purdue fans are just easily amused and stupid.

6 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

It's really just a microcosm of Purdue fans in general. Earlier this week on social media, I saw a picture of someone with a Purdue coffee mug. When they raised the cup to drink from it, it said "IU SUCKS" on the bottom. The comments were full of Purdue fans saying what a great gift and how awesome that was. It really doesn't surprise me how many idiots are on their message boards, because a lot of Purdue fans are just easily amused and stupid.

Yeah, but I bet you wouldn’t pass up an IU mug that says Purdue sucks on the bottom!😀

1 hour ago, cybergates said:

I too am perplexed as to why they and even those outside Turdue think Brohm is such a great coach. Two 6-6 regular seasons where they went 4-5 and 5-4 in the weak B1G West. I think it must be

a) they were so bad prior to his arrival that they overvalue his turnaround of the program

and/or 

b) because Louisville this year and Tennessee last year were speculated as spots he might jump ship to he must be great if they want him?

Much like Painter I'm fine with Brohm being their head coach. If only we could get out of the damn B1G East and swap spots with them. 

Brohm and Painter are two different genres.

Brohm was a college star, NFL player, and then got into coaching where is held in high regards across the nation.

Painter was a role player in college and somehow ended up with the Purdue job.

On 12/24/2018 at 4:00 PM, rico said:

Brohm and Painter are two different genres.

Brohm was a college star, NFL player, and then got into coaching where is held in high regards across the nation.

Painter was a role player in college and somehow ended up with the Purdue job.

Yeah, Brohm is a really good coach. I get that the West isn't good, but Purdue was TERRIBLE before he got there. 

17 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah, Brohm is a really good coach. I get that the West isn't good, but Purdue was TERRIBLE before he got there. 

Hmm..is he as good as Joe Tiller....me thinks not. Compared to what they had before...perhaps...but this guy isn't going to win them a B1G championship....so it's all a mute point. Just like no matter who we hire won't. He might be a good fit for what they are...and certainly Purdue has a better chance at a B1G championship playing Wisconsin and Iowa instead of OSU, MICH, MSU, PSU but I don't see what the reason for getting excited is for. So they will get to go the CARQUEST bowl...or Music City bowl....who wants that?? Thy aren't going to Pasadena any time under Brohm.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Hmm..is he as good as Joe Tiller....me thinks not. Compared to what they had before...perhaps...but this guy isn't going to win them a B1G championship....so it's all a mute point. Just like no matter who we hire won't. He might be a good fit for what they are...and certainly Purdue has a better chance at a B1G championship playing Wisconsin and Iowa instead of OSU, MICH, MSU, PSU but I don't see what the reason for getting excited is for. So they will get to go the CARQUEST bowl...or Music City bowl....who wants that?? Thy aren't going to Pasadena any time under Brohm.

You do realize that Saban offered Brohm the OC position at Bama?  I don't care who you are...that speaks volumes.  And speaking of Tiller, who I think was a great guy and coach, his first year was Drew Brees' first year as well.  Brohm, ain't got "his guys" there yet.  

No offense.

24 minutes ago, rico said:

You do realize that Saban offered Brohm the OC position at Bama?  I don't care who you are...that speaks volumes.  And speaking of Tiller, who I think was a great guy and coach, his first year was Drew Brees' first year as well.  Brohm, ain't got "his guys" there yet.  

No offense.

Yeah - I agree. Brohm is a rising star in the coach rankings. I personally think he is a better coach than Tiller but he won't stay at Purdue like Tiller did. 

Archived