The laugh at Purdue Thread...

FKIM01

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Why is there any reason to “be fair “ to Purdue?

Their campus is god awful ugly. Their head coach has yet to prove hie can post a winning record in a Big 5 conference. W. Lafayette is putrid. 

For every Ohio State game they use to justify “Wonder Brohm”, the Eastern Michigan loss is the counterpoint.

Not sure why any IU fan would want to be fair, or espouse anything pro Purdue 

I'm not sure why anyone would seek to be anything other than fair in their take on something. 

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Seriously? Those people should stop watching sports. Auburn did the opposite of run up the score. The only team who played that game who should be ashamed of their sportsmanship is Purdue for trying to start multiple fights. 

Two threads calling Auburn classless and saying what goes around comes around. LOL. As if they're ever going to meet on the football field again.

Just now, TheWatShot said:

Two threads calling Auburn classless and saying what goes around comes around. LOL. As if they're ever going to meet on the football field again.

Well they could meet on the hard wood this year.  Wait, that ain't gonna happen.  My bad.

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

On GBI? That's the dumbest thing I've heard. Auburn took a knee at the 1 to end the game and kneeled before half time instead of trying score. They had backups in most of the second half and barely threw the ball. What're they supposed to do?

37 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Why is there any reason to “be fair “ to Purdue?

Their campus is god awful ugly. Their head coach has yet to prove hie can post a winning record in a Big 5 conference. W. Lafayette is putrid. 

For every Ohio State game they use to justify “Wonder Brohm”, the Eastern Michigan loss is the counterpoint.

Not sure why any IU fan would want to be fair, or espouse anything pro Purdue 

He had a winning record last year. 

35 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

When it comes to anyone or anything Purdue, why would an IU fan show them that respect?

Go over to GBI and announce that you are an IU fan. See how that goes for you.

I tried that once, will never be back.  Just sayin'

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

When it comes to anyone or anything Purdue, why would an IU fan show them that respect?

Be fair to the people that can't admit IU's MCDAA and projected lottery pick may be a pretty good player?  I saw multiple posts claiming they knew they wouldn't get in because he'd play behind Edwards. Apparently there would be no way for them to play together. 

51 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Be fair to the people that can't admit IU's MCDAA and projected lottery pick may be a pretty good player?  I saw multiple posts claiming they knew they wouldn't get in because he'd play behind Edwards. Apparently there would be no way for them to play together. 

Well to be fair Carson would have to pass him the ball...and from what I’ve seen he hasn’t seen a shot he doesn’t like...be hard for Romeo to play alongside that. 

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. 

I'm not sold on Brohm. I don't want to hear that Purdue had no chance against Auburn. I guarantee OSU wouldn't have gotten thumped like that.  If that makes Purdue's win over OSU a fluke win, then Brohm was one fluke win from a crappy 5-7 season. I'm also tired of hearing that he doesn't have "his" players. Archie still doesn't have all of "his" players either. Purdue should just change their school motto to "Purdue: the school where mediocrity is accepted and justified by a needy fanbase."

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm not sold on Brohm. I don't want to hear that Purdue had no chance against Auburn. I guarantee OSU wouldn't have gotten thumped like that.  If that makes Purdue's win over OSU a fluke win, then Brohm was one fluke win from a crappy 5-7 season. I'm also tired of hearing that he doesn't have "his" players. Archie still doesn't have all of "his" players either. Purdue should just change their school motto to "Purdue: the school where mediocrity is accepted and justified by a needy fanbase."

Brohm has made two bowls without the entire roster being his. Archie also didn’t inherit the worst roster in the conference by a long shot. Not comparable situations at all. Brohm had 3 top 25 wins this year. What would sell you on him? 

19 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Brohm has made two bowls without the entire roster being his. Archie also didn’t inherit the worst roster in the conference by a long shot. Not comparable situations at all. Brohm had 3 top 25 wins this year. What would sell you on him? 

For starters, some consistency.  You all just keep making excuses for him though...fine by me.

EDIT...and all this talk about the killer class he's signed...Purdue has 4 4-star players.  IU has 3.  Other than being a little larger class, it's questionable on whether Purdue's class is really better than IU's and IU sure isn't thumping it's chest about what a great $6 million coach they have.

15 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Going to a decent program and not settling for Purdue 

13 hours ago, Indykev said:

Porkchop on TV just now...we dont have a low post presence anymore. LOL i'm sure his big guy loved hearing that.

Or maybe Swanigan needed some fabricated BS? His 7 minutes per game while only playing in 15 games this year doesn't look he's been developed at all. Or maybe we can ask AJ Hammons and his 22 game NBA career? My point is I'm not sure if Painter should be the one saying what is or isn't a low post presence. Another game where if we want Morgan to score 30+ he should. 

Archived