The laugh at Purdue Thread...

FKIM01

I know some of you get tired of seeing the Toiletmakers on an IU forum.  For those of you, kindly scroll on.  For the rest of us who enjoy poking fun at a rival, here's your latest dose of GBI classics...

Purdue is going to strike out on their two big 2019 targets from all appearances.  4-star Malik Hall appears to be ready to make the call for MSU later today.  They are pinning their hopes on their remaining target, 4-star Zeke Nnaji, who's crystal ball shows...55% Kansas, 36% Kensucky, 9% Arizona and....0% Purdue.  The train wreck Malik Hall decision thread has several MSU members making fun of them and some classic Toiletmaker fan quotes:

...and I will add that our real rival in basketball is MSU and not IU. IU has not been relavant for years and does not chase the same recruits like MSU does.

141 mathboy, Yesterday at 11:49 AM   (apparently, mathboy did not find spelling "relavant" during his Purdue education)
"Is East Lansing better town? I've been to East Lansing and it's kind of a dump, so no." (LOL...dude, you're in West Lafayette and you're calling another town a dump?)
"Hearing Purdue is OUT. From someone close to the situation, “He respects Purdue, but wants to win in March, and just didn’t trust that track record.”
"If Hall comes to Purdue, especially with Zeke, I guarantee a final four (so long as freak injuries stay away). This squad has that much potential." (too bad neither is coming.)
...and finally, a fun little food fight between the Toiletmakers and Sexual Assault U:
BoilerBulldog said: 
You can’t afford to go on ours. Sorry if I confused you.
Why would I pay to hear about purdue?

Are there paid forums for videos of paint drying as well? 

I’m only here because a bunch of Purdue posters from the paid board told me to come look at this train wreck

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took 1 year for Archie to own Porkchop's A$$ on the recruiting trail. We should see the ownership on the court start this season as well.

I'll give Purdue credit all day long for a hire and guy like Brohm....but Painter is a safe hire type guy. Good guy, represents the program well, won't get dirty,etc....but if they are expecting a Final 4 program. He isn't the guy.

47 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

We are better than this. I make fun of Kentucky fans for having an IU version of this thread. 

You may be, but I'm not. Making fun of Purdue is one of my guilty pleasures. As you can see, they bring up IU all the time in completely unrelated threads. One guy did propose changing the chant to MSU sucks which I also found funny.  Talking about another school simply confirms rivalry status, although one of my goals for this thread for me was very much the same as the off-topic thread...a great way to consolidate unrelated to IU stuff so it doesn't litter other topics. The main goal, of course, is to laugh at silly Toiletmaker fans.

At any rate, as I said in the opening, if this isn't for you, scroll on!

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

No...I'm enjoying their failure and ignorance. There's a difference. 

Which is fine. But quit acting like the little brother in the relationship. A good big brother doesn’t go out of his way to make fun of his little brother. He just puts him in his place when he is uppity. 

Your acting like the little brother 

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Which is fine. But quit acting like the little brother in the relationship. A good big brother doesn’t go out of his way to make fun of his little brother. He just puts him in his place when he is uppity. 

Trash talking like this is what makes sports great. Especially in College sports. Every fanbase has those EXTREME fans that are constantly trash talking and making a fanbase look bad (Id assume that is what you are trying to refer to). This is not one of those threads. It is just making fun of Purdue for missing out on two recruits. Let him have his fun. I agree there is a point where it should stop, but this is not that. 

10 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Do you ever like to talk sports or just lecture people on what they should and shouldn't do/say/think? If you don't like the thread stop posting in it.

7 minutes ago, RomeoFanatic said:

Trash talking like this is what makes sports great. Especially in College sports. Every fanbase has those EXTREME fans that are constantly trash talking and making a fanbase look bad (Id assume that is what you are trying to refer to). This is not one of those threads. It is just making fun of Purdue for missing out on two recruits. Let him have his fun. I agree there is a point where it should stop, but this is not that. 

I like to make fun of Purdue for being obsessed with us. Because they are the little brother. Can’t very well do that if we are over here acting like the younger sibling. 

20 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I disagree. Little brother is having a "Purdue Sucks!" chant even when we are not playing them.

You seem to struggle with the concept of scrolling on...

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I disagree. Little brother is having a "Purdue Sucks!" chant even when we are not playing them.

You seem to struggle with the concept of scrolling on...

or a "Purdue Sucks " chant at a basketball or football game every kick off or during a second half timeout when the chant is organized every game.  This is what Purdue does towards IU.

They want to be like IU but are stuck in the middle of IU and IUPUI

Archived