Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


Sign in to follow this  
FKIM01

The laugh at Purdue Thread...

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, SIHoosier26 said:

I don't even understand the love he gets from Purdue fans, he has terrible efficiency numbers, he's just a guard who can't shoot. He also has a negative assist/turnover ratio, just an extremely ineffective player in the Big ten.

They love him because his jersey says "Purdue" on the front. If he played for anyone else, they'd have no problem calling him a scrub.

 

Remember, this is the same fanbase that produced the belief that Travis Carroll was comparable to Cody Zeller and Kelsey Barlow belonged on the same court as Victor Oladipo.

Edited by TheWatShot
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

They love him because his jersey says "Purdue" on the front. If he played for anyone else, they'd have no problem calling him a scrub.

 

Remember, this is the same fanbase that produced the belief that Travis Carroll was comparable to Cody Zeller and Kelsey Barlow belonged on the same court as Victor Oladipo.

A few posters does not equal an entire fanbase. Only the crazies legit thought Carroll was comparable to Zeller. Barlow could’ve been a stud if he wasn’t an idiot but don’t remember comparisons between him and Oladipo. Let me guess, the majority of Purdue’s fanbase thought Ronnie Johnson would be better than Yogi too? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

They love him because his jersey says "Purdue" on the front. If he played for anyone else, they'd have no problem calling him a scrub.

 

Remember, this is the same fanbase that produced the belief that Travis Carroll was comparable to Cody Zeller and Kelsey Barlow belonged on the same court as Victor Oladipo.

Greg Hill was as good as Eric Gordon too.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IUaic said:

Greg Hill was as good as Eric Gordon too.

I think Hill said that on his own. Don’t think any Purdue fan would’ve said that. 

I can remember quite a few funny takes regarding “The Movement” lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think Hill said that on his own. Don’t think any Purdue fan would’ve said that. 

I can remember quite a few funny takes regarding “The Movement” lol. 

You’re really pushing the line lately, aren’t you?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

You’re really pushing the line lately, aren’t you?

Settle down DJ, think of it as comedic relief.  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think Hill said that on his own. Don’t think any Purdue fan would’ve said that. 

I can remember quite a few funny takes regarding “The Movement” lol. 

The Movement (Yogi) in 4 years won 2 Conference Titles and 2 Sweet 16's which is equal to what Painter has done in 13 seasons at PU? 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IUaic said:

The Movement (Yogi) in 4 years won 2 Conference Titles and 2 Sweet 16's which is equal to what Painter has done in 13 seasons at PU? 

 

And we have a winner!!!!!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Let me guess, the majority of Purdue’s fanbase thought Ronnie Johnson would be better than Yogi too? 

I actually remember reading something to that effect more than once. Can't say how many agreed but it was opined more than once among the GBI fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other than Yogi, the Movement was a bowel movement. I have no problems admitting that in hindsight.  A class that looked incredible when recruited ended up being a monster disappointment aside from an amazing little point guard that I expect will end up in the Hoosier HOF.

I guess I can accept that. 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, IUaic said:

The Movement (Yogi) in 4 years won 2 Conference Titles and 2 Sweet 16's which is equal to what Painter has done in 13 seasons at PU? 

 

Only a small portion of the Movement accomplished that. My reference was that the movement ended up being one player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think Hill said that on his own. Don’t think any Purdue fan would’ve said that. 

I can remember quite a few funny takes regarding “The Movement” lol. 

I think you get too worked up over what non-Purdue fans think of the low-hanging fruit known as message board Purdue fans.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're eating their own over there. I can't determine what language some of those people are posting in. Some dialect with no punctuation, and no spelling continuity. Boilerese, I guess! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Only a small portion of the Movement accomplished that. My reference was that the movement ended up being one player. 

Take my advice....leave it alone.  Just leave it alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Muckraker said:

They're eating their own over there. I can't determine what language some of those people are posting in. Some dialect with no punctuation, and no spelling continuity. Boilerese, I guess! 

Boilerese?  I like that.  That is now gonna be part of my daily speak with my Boiler family.  Too funny, Boilerese?  Strange language.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rico said:

Take my advice....leave it alone.  Just leave it alone.

"The Movement" left a pretty large stain. Gonna take a few years to wipe it out! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...and of course, Mama Nojel has appeared to defend her son and criticize the coach for the fact that her NBA prospect son has no offense...

BoilerIron said: 
Agreed. Needs to be the starting 4, and if he cant find a way to score, then he doesnt deserve to play. He was terrible today.
He ain’t the issue the offense being ran is the issue he’s only being told to run the offense and many of you don’t see that yet Simpson can’t shoot either but mich coach utilizes all his players in there offense. Mich coach run plays for each of his players and plays to each players strengths. Simpson not a shooter either yet he has screens set for him to get to the basket or finding his teammates for open shots and yet you say bcuz he isn’t shooting the ball is causing Purdue to loose that’s totally stupid. How many t/o did he have what did he do that caused Purdue to loose by 20 nojel not the only one on this team yet you wanna blame it on him for the team lack of scoring interesting.
 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

...and of course, Mama Nojel has appeared to defend her son and criticize the coach for the fact that her NBA prospect son has no offense...

BoilerIron said: 
Agreed. Needs to be the starting 4, and if he cant find a way to score, then he doesnt deserve to play. He was terrible today.
He ain’t the issue the offense being ran is the issue he’s only being told to run the offense and many of you don’t see that yet Simpson can’t shoot either but mich coach utilizes all his players in there offense. Mich coach run plays for each of his players and plays to each players strengths. Simpson not a shooter either yet he has screens set for him to get to the basket or finding his teammates for open shots and yet you say bcuz he isn’t shooting the ball is causing Purdue to loose that’s totally stupid. How many t/o did he have what did he do that caused Purdue to loose by 20 nojel not the only one on this team yet you wanna blame it on him for the team lack of scoring interesting.
 

I don't know why Painter puts up with this crap because this player is not worth all the headache.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

...and of course, Mama Nojel has appeared to defend her son and criticize the coach for the fact that her NBA prospect son has no offense...

BoilerIron said: 
Agreed. Needs to be the starting 4, and if he cant find a way to score, then he doesnt deserve to play. He was terrible today.
He ain’t the issue the offense being ran is the issue he’s only being told to run the offense and many of you don’t see that yet Simpson can’t shoot either but mich coach utilizes all his players in there offense. Mich coach run plays for each of his players and plays to each players strengths. Simpson not a shooter either yet he has screens set for him to get to the basket or finding his teammates for open shots and yet you say bcuz he isn’t shooting the ball is causing Purdue to loose that’s totally stupid. How many t/o did he have what did he do that caused Purdue to loose by 20 nojel not the only one on this team yet you wanna blame it on him for the team lack of scoring interesting.
 

She must be an English teacher....:coffee:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta say I like to check out the Purdue forum just to read the Treed post, she is a riot. 

 

That being said this thread reeks of “post when iu sucks on the rupps site” , not a fan of either to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...