The laugh at Purdue Thread...

FKIM01

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to admit how much fun I have laughing at GBI.  I just recently found it and wow is all I can say. 3 things I can take away from it.

1. Purdue Football only loses in bad weather

2.PU basketball only loses because of terrible refs.

3. Painter only loses recruits to teams that pay the recruits. 

The melt down today is of historic proportion 

13 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm just enjoying seeing the wind come out of their sails. There are two especially condescending jerks on GBI, TwinDegrees and arcb2000 or something like that. They try to sound intelligent when they talk about IU but they always end up  showing their true Tioletmaker colors and saying something ridiculously homerish. I'm guessing neither has much to say right now.

I never go to others web sites but I have seen where those two posters are former RMK fans who turned against IU after they fired RMK

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I never go to others web sites but I have seen where those two posters are former RMK fans who turned against IU after they fired RMK

Then they never were real IU fans. Regardless,  they are both beyond annoying, but as predicted, have little to say after the weekend.

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

...and Nojel's delusional mom to the rescue!

cropper364 said: 
Phinny is going to have a much much much better collegiate career than Nojel. Sorry mom but it’s just a fact. I hope your boy makes an NBA team in a few years and maybe he’ll do well...who knows? When I read your posts it seems you’re more worried about the NBA than Purdue anyways.
He has more NBA potential than phinny that’s a fact.

Then there's these gems from Nojel's Mom. There are several like these. Unless Nojel is a total jerk, I feel a bit bad for the kid. No one should have this experience.

NashvilleBoiler said:
Unfortunately, he chose to accept a scholarship to play basketball, and it’s basketball season. I’d recommend spending time working on free throw shooting and dribbling as opposed to time off.
He may have chose to accept it but right now he needs time away from it bcuz he’s not helping himself or the team. All that means nothing if he isn’t doing it in games right. Time off will do him some good clear his mind bcuz he really don’t look like he’s having fun out there on the court. Coming home for Christmas surrounded by family and friends is what he needs right now.

And this:

I’m not concerned with the criticism I’m speaking as his mother who has known him all his life and what I’m watching isn’t my son who scored at will all in HS AAU and now not sure who he is he doesn’t look like he’s having fun from what I see. He’s not helping the team offensively like he’s capable of and that to me why he needs time off to find himself mentally.
He needs to get his mind right once he does that than maybe he can help this team win games. He and I gonna figure this out but to me right now he needs time away to find his identity.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Just goes to show how tough it is for the media to let go of their Carson Edwards lovefest. 6-4 with no quality wins and they're the 18th best? I'm not sure they belong in the top 40...

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Just goes to show how tough it is for the media to let go of their Carson Edwards lovefest. 6-4 with no quality wins and they're the 18th best? I'm not sure they belong in the top 40...

Agreed. We can all look forward to their inexorable slide. Kind of like watching a car sliding on ice heading towards another vehicle.

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Then there's these gems from Nojel's Mom. There are several like these. Unless Nojel is a total jerk, I feel a bit bad for the kid. No one should have this experience.

NashvilleBoiler said:
Unfortunately, he chose to accept a scholarship to play basketball, and it’s basketball season. I’d recommend spending time working on free throw shooting and dribbling as opposed to time off.
He may have chose to accept it but right now he needs time away from it bcuz he’s not helping himself or the team. All that means nothing if he isn’t doing it in games right. Time off will do him some good clear his mind bcuz he really don’t look like he’s having fun out there on the court. Coming home for Christmas surrounded by family and friends is what he needs right now.

And this:

I’m not concerned with the criticism I’m speaking as his mother who has known him all his life and what I’m watching isn’t my son who scored at will all in HS AAU and now not sure who he is he doesn’t look like he’s having fun from what I see. He’s not helping the team offensively like he’s capable of and that to me why he needs time off to find himself mentally.
He needs to get his mind right once he does that than maybe he can help this team win games. He and I gonna figure this out but to me right now he needs time away to find his identity.

Sounds like he's soft/fragile and mom is not helping at all.  She keeps pointing to January 19th as Nojel's coming out party but what will she say if Romeo drops 25 and fouls out her son while Purdue gets beat at home?  Purdue had better show up on the 19th because thus far this season, that's all they have to look forward to...salvaging a season split with mighty IU.

They we're quibbling about whether they were a "football school" or a "basketball school" the other day...

Don't you have to have won a national championship in a sport to really be considered either? They have 5, count them 5 total national championships (if you count the Helms Trophy [snicker]). Maybe they're a men's or women's golf school...

Screenshot_20181210-093154_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

They we're quibbling about whether they were a "football school" or a "basketball school" the other day...

Don't you have to have won a national championship in a sport to really be considered either? They have 5, count them 5 total national championships (if you count the Helms Trophy [snicker]). Maybe they're a men's or women's golf school...

Cheerleading is a sport?  Uh.....okay?

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Cheerleading? Since when has Purdue been known for its Cheerleaders (aside from being the butt of a joke)?

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

But are there any ranking systems that don’t have them in the top 25 right now?  They’re 20th in the NET and 15th on Kenpom.  I don’t get it.

None of those pass the eye test. They really have one player and he's very streaky. Usually not efficient like he was against Texas. I still have to wonder how much of last year is factored in. Purdue is simply not a top-25 team based on what they've done THIS season.

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

None of those pass the eye test. They really have one player and he's very streaky. Usually not efficient like he was against Texas. I still have to wonder how much of last year is factored in. Purdue is simply not a top-25 team based on what they've done THIS season.

The eye test it does not pass the NOSE test those darn SMELLERAMKERS!!!!  VBG

Archived