Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Osterman had some stuff a few days back.  That's all I got.  

https://twitter.com/ZachOsterman/status/1058165674936295425

Archie Miller says he thinks De'Ron Davis "rolled his ankle, maybe tweaked his ankle." Didn't express serious concern over it. #iubb

https://twitter.com/ZachOsterman/status/1058125439720480769

Archie Miller with injury updates: Devonte Green -- thigh contusion Race Thompson -- groin/hip Jerome Hunter -- foot

He later called Hunter's deal, "soreness" and interpreted it as precautionary to sit out.  

• Thanks 2

Thanks, NotI. 

Anyone else who happens across anything else, please feel free to share or link up here!

Regardless of political affiliation, Tuesday will be an exciting evening...first game of the season, election results rolling in, I just want as healthy a squad as we can muster by the Duke game!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zerawkid said:

Thanks, NotI. 

Anyone else who happens across anything else, please feel free to share or link up here!

Regardless of political affiliation, Tuesday will be an exciting evening...first game of the season, election results rolling in, I just want as healthy a squad as we can muster by the Duke game!

"This is Rico and I support this message."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Word was that De'Ron's injury in the SIU game was a tweaked ankle.  Should be good to go for Tuesday ?   I haven't heard. 

• Like 1

Thanks, DJ! All the news that's fit to print! 

The big one I was curious about was Green. Can't wait to see what developments that kid has made. I just expect big things from him.

I don't like the sound of foot soreness with Hunter.  I immediately think stress fracture.  And the hip/groin deal with Race sounds like something that could linger.

I hope they can get healthy quickly,  I really want to see these guys out there.

21 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

So Race played 4 minutes and scored a bucket.  It must have been after I turned it over to the pacers game.  Is he ahead of Moore and Forrester?  

Good question. Couldn't really tell from the limited minutes last night. All 3 look like they have something to offer. Race with his ranking and experience should be a notch above the other two. Will have to see how they all progress. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I expect a good chunk of minutes out of Race when he’s fully healthy but Forrester looks ready to contribute and definitely ahead of Moore. 

It looked to me that Forrester may get worked a bit in B1G but potential is certainly there and may thrive in some situations.    I didn't even notice Moore.   

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Not to put a damper on tonight, but

That's a bummer, but we do have a couple cupcakes following Arkansas before playing Duke. If we could squeak out a win on the road that would be gravy and then pick up Mcbob/Green for the Duke game. 

Just now, ArchieBall13 said:

That's a bummer, but we do have a couple cupcakes following Arkansas before playing Duke. If we could squeak out a win on the road that would be gravy and then pick up Mcbob/Green for the Duke game. 

November would include the Duke game, unfortunately. 

Injuries suck, but the remaining players are going to get a lot of valuable game experience that makes this team's depth even greater.

• Like 1

Did anyone else catch the announcers talking about the injuries towards the end and they made a reference to 3 of the 4 injured guys being at the game? I know Green and McRoberts were there, not sure which of Thompson or Hunter wasn’t. I’d be a little concerned if Hunter isn’t able to attend games because of this leg condition. 

I don't get McRobert's back. I have a BAD back. And I've experienced every kind of injuries and they suck. But rest and rehab particularly for really in shape athletes seems to do wonders in just a week or less. I'd love to know what is going on with his back specifically.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Did anyone else catch the announcers talking about the injuries towards the end and they made a reference to 3 of the 4 injured guys being at the game? I know Green and McRoberts were there, not sure which of Thompson or Hunter wasn’t. I’d be a little concerned if Hunter isn’t able to attend games because of this leg condition. 

Neither Hunter or Thompson were there.