Injuries

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We miss Green and McRoberts especially right now. Defensively mostly. Really thin at the guard spot and miss McRoberts tenacity. I think we win that game in Arkansas hands down with McRoberts out there instead of Anderson. Don't get me wrong I appreciate how hard Damezi played but he is just a little over his head right now.

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

We miss Green and McRoberts especially right now. Defensively mostly. Really thin at the guard spot and miss McRoberts tenacity. I think we win that game in Arkansas hands down with McRoberts out there instead of Anderson. Don't get me wrong I appreciate how hard Damezi played but he is just a little over his head right now.

I'll agree with that assessment.  It wasn't like he wasn't trying and I think he was better than many have given him credit, but yeah...McBob would have been a big upgrade there.

No inside information. The way Arch describes Jerome Hunters injury of a “not typical lower leg injury you get in practice” makes me think of a couple possibilities. Add into it that he went to Cleveland clinic to have the surgery performed and still hospitalized as of Monday, my suspicion is possibly back surgery to improve a compressed nerve root or sports hernia. Hope for a speedy recovery, Jerome! 

2 hours ago, DocHoosier said:

No inside information. The way Arch describes Jerome Hunters injury of a “not typical lower leg injury you get in practice” makes me think of a couple possibilities. Add into it that he went to Cleveland clinic to have the surgery performed and still hospitalized as of Monday, my suspicion is possibly back surgery to improve a compressed nerve root or sports hernia. Hope for a speedy recovery, Jerome! 

Doc.  I have had it reported that Jerome's situation should be thought more in terms of a condition, rather than an injury. Though many people tend to call it an injury.  But that is all I have gotten. And of course, thoughts and prayers continue to go out to him. 

3 hours ago, DocHoosier said:

What would the recovery time be for two conditions you mentioned?

27 minutes ago, rico said:

I had brain surgery and I was in for 8 days.

Sorry to hear that I hope you are much better and time has passed. I was speaking of what he was describing is usually done with the minimal invasive surgery on the back. A friend of mine had a artificial disk put in to replace a herniated disk and was in the hospital for 1 hour after surgery was completed. Maybe it's just me but I am hoping he has a full recovery but that may take some time. What do hoosier is describing should not require 7 days in the hospital under normal conditions 

4 hours ago, DocHoosier said:

Rumors of blood clots have been mentioned. 

20 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

Oh man, that would go with it being a “lower leg condition.” Again, pray for a quick recovery. Some things are larger than basketball. Get well Jerome

I know it is probable apples to oranges but my grandmother had a blood clot and the nursing home let her sit with one for to long and had to have her leg amputated.  She was 89 and Jerome is 18 so hopefully if that was what he had they got it in time and will be able to make a full recovery.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Rumors of blood clots have been mentioned. 

No idea if accurate but that would be consistent with how this situation has been handled and generally described. 

If a blood clot the surgery should fully resolve the issue, as far as I understand. My mother came within minutes of dying from a blood clot when I was a kid, and the  surgery had her right back on her feet. 

3 hours ago, Cutter said:

He had surgery 7 days ago. I doubt he would still be in the hospital if it was back surgery.

I forget which day.  But, Archie and his entire staff flew to Cleveland to meet with Jerome.  As time goes by, this is sounding more serious than first suspected. 

Archived