Injuries

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I forget which day.  But, Archie and his entire staff flew to Cleveland to meet with Jerome.  As time goes by, this is sounding more serious than first suspected. 

Yes I think so too. I read a quote from archie saying he hoped this is one of the things he can over come. I don't know if it was an accurate quote or not maybe I misundetstood. Prayers for jerome and his family.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I hope your first concern especially with Jerome is his health and not how it will affect the team.

Yes. Scott. From what I was told today. Jerome needs our prayers more than anything.  Not life threatening.  But very serious, none the less. 

Hoping for the best for Jerome and hoping he kicks the a** of whatever it is that's ailing him. I was REALLY looking forward to him and Romeo on the court at the same time this year, but now I'm just sending positive vibes his way. Same for the rest of the dudes that are dinged up. I know they want to be out there battling as much as we would like to see them doing just that. Godspeed, Hoosiers!

21 minutes ago, BEKA said:

Hoping for the best for Jerome and hoping he kicks the a** of whatever it is that's ailing him. I was REALLY looking forward to him and Romeo on the court at the same time this year, but now I'm just sending positive vibes his way. Same for the rest of the dudes that are dinged up. I know they want to be out there battling as much as we would like to see them doing just that. Godspeed, Hoosiers!

Amen! 

On the positive side, it seems Archie is doing things the right way in watching out for the wellbeing of his players!

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yeah, really.  The only good news is that the surgery in January was to De'Ron's right foot.  This, is his left.... and I recall him coming down hard on it near the end of the Arkansas game. 

Achilles is sore  — Maybe more for precaution...CAM said he’s not concerned long term, but that the soreness is a product of extended minutes in the Ark game 

2 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

Achilles is sore  — Maybe more for precaution...CAM said he’s not concerned long term, but that the soreness is a product of extended minutes in the Ark game 

I agree. I thought all along, Archie was pushing De'Ron in the Arkansas game.  Could have been the reason why De'Ron was not able to finish on the bunny at the end.

52 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

According to Romeo’s boy Frankie Vision (New Albany assistant, I think?) his nose isn’t broken.  So that’s good... But taking a look through Frankie’s tweets, he is not too happy with the way Romeo has been used so far.  Kind of interesting to read.

B67075B5-424C-4AC0-8A6D-A8A6BFAFA21D.png

I read the tweets..Frankie vision is an idiot and I’ve lost all respect. Dude obviously knows nothing about basketball besides making highlight films. Yikes! 

1 minute ago, 5 championships said:

I read the tweets..Frankie vision is an idiot and I’ve lost all respect. Dude obviously knows nothing about basketball besides making highlight films. Yikes! 

Some people won't be happy unless it's a Trae Young situation where he's taking every shot. That style isn't conducive to winning at the college level so there's no reason for IU to go there.

10 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I felt like he made some interesting points... I’ve definitely felt that Romeo spends too much time just sitting in the corner, and it seems like we’ve seen hardly any Juwan/Romeo PnR, which is kind of surprising.

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

According to Romeo’s boy Frankie Vision (New Albany assistant, I think?) his nose isn’t broken.  So that’s good... But taking a look through Frankie’s tweets, he is not too happy with the way Romeo has been used so far.  Kind of interesting to read.

B67075B5-424C-4AC0-8A6D-A8A6BFAFA21D.png

Really?...I know Romeo is a stud, but this is not the New Albany Bulldogs.  It's Indiana University! We don't need to run everything through him. Romeo is doing exactly what he is supposed to do because his coach is Archie, no one else. 

For the record, whoever Frankie Vision really is, is not an NA assistant, and does not represent the school in anyway. There are a lot of folks down here, including dejected Louisville fans, who are not IU fans, but Romeo fans. They will be bandwagon fans this year, but I hope will stay on the IU train after Romeo is gone.Just someone who reacts like a parent in the stands. He was chosen to be Romeo’s “videographer” but not necessarily representing the NAHS staff.... 

40 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I felt like he made some interesting points... I’ve definitely felt that Romeo spends too much time just sitting in the corner, and it seems like we’ve seen hardly any Juwan/Romeo PnR, which is kind of surprising.

I think this guy is stirring the pot, especially since he specifically mentioned Vanderbilt as an offense he likes. There's no way that Vandy wasn't a very intentional mention by him. 

With that said, he's not completely wrong. I made a comment in the post-game thread after the first game about how impressed I was with Langford's passing/play-making, but we haven't really seen much of that since. He doesn't often get the ball at the top of the key to make a play, it's typically been waiting for the ball to come to him on the wing or in the corner and then go make a shot. The ball is largely in Phinisee's hands most of the time and then everyone else has been playing off that. 

But, I'm ok with all of that. IMO, Langford is a great player and will be a lottery pick, but Phinisee is the future of this program the next 3-4 years. He's the guy this team is going to be built around. 

I had the gut reaction of putting the ball in Romeo’s hands up top down the stretch of the Arkansas game.  Archie obviously wanted him operating off the wing, and is probably right under our circumstances.  

I may be watching too much NBA ball but you could put Romeo up top but you’d have to stretch the floor.  

I like our recruiting, obviously, but I wouldn’t mind getting a couple of pure shooters in here.  I distinguish a pure shooter from a guy who can hit some threes.  I’m talking about a total threat out at the line.  

We are going to be talented, but you could always be more efficient.  

59 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think this guy is stirring the pot, especially since he specifically mentioned Vanderbilt as an offense he likes. There's no way that Vandy wasn't a very intentional mention by him. 

With that said, he's not completely wrong. I made a comment in the post-game thread after the first game about how impressed I was with Langford's passing/play-making, but we haven't really seen much of that since. He doesn't often get the ball at the top of the key to make a play, it's typically been waiting for the ball to come to him on the wing or in the corner and then go make a shot. The ball is largely in Phinisee's hands most of the time and then everyone else has been playing off that. 

But, I'm ok with all of that. IMO, Langford is a great player and will be a lottery pick, but Phinisee is the future of this program the next 3-4 years. He's the guy this team is going to be built around. 

I think I disagree with you here.  In both the short and long-term, it doesn’t make much sense to me to center the offense around Phinisee instead of Romeo just because Phinisee will be here for 4 years and Romeo is a one-and-done.  

In the short-term, I love what Phinisee has brought, but he needs to be our third option on offense at best.  Romeo’s averaged 18 ppg basically sitting in the corner and making plays for himself when the ball happens to come his way.  The last two games especially, it’s seemed like he’s had a great first half, and then the team has essentially forgotten about him in the second half.  With his size and passing ability, he could be so much more effective with the ball in his hands... Running the PnR with him and Juwan at the top of the key would be absolutely deadly. 

And in the long-term, whoever this Frankie Valley guy is mentioned this as well... Elite 5 star recruits aren’t going to want to play in an offense where they aren’t given the ability to showcase their skills.  How many recruits that we’re after have said that one of the main things they’re looking at is how Archie uses Romeo this season?  And before IU Scott responds talking about “the team is more important than the individual,” note that I think the team would be better off with the ball in Romeo’s hands more as well.

Archived