Injuries

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

When you look at this team’s weaknesses, I think a healthy Hunter would have made a massive difference.  Not a little.  We’d be a different team.  

Completely agree. It’s honestly a little depressing. But proud of this team for being 9-2 but with Jerome in the mix your talking a special season  

12 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

When you look at this team’s weaknesses, I think a healthy Hunter would have made a massive difference.  Not a little.  We’d be a different team.  

I believe so too.  With Smith's play thus far not being what we expected, and Fitzner being mostly ineffective, I think we are missing the production from that part of the lineup that we felt would be much stronger.

While it's necessary this season to Archie's development of the program, we would be relying on 1 senior and 3 freshmen to drive this team ( 1 and 2 as it is now) - and I doubt that is the long term goal for the future (relying mostly on freshmen).  As the talent and contributions in the classes evens out, I think that's when we can expect the best results.

I DO believe that Al, Justin, Clifford, Jake, and Demezi will grow into their roles in time and become much more reliable contributors.

1 hour ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I believe so too.  With Smith's play thus far not being what we expected, and Fitzner being mostly ineffective, I think we are missing the production from that part of the lineup that we felt would be much stronger.

While it's necessary this season to Archie's development of the program, we would be relying on 1 senior and 3 freshmen to drive this team ( 1 and 2 as it is now) - and I doubt that is the long term goal for the future (relying mostly on freshmen).  As the talent and contributions in the classes evens out, I think that's when we can expect the best results.

I DO believe that Al, Justin, Clifford, Jake, and Demezi will grow into their roles in time and become much more reliable contributors.

I had to go look at the roster to figure out who this "Clifford" guy was lol 😂

All things considered, I don't feel like we can complain with our current level of health.  Yes, we had some setbacks early, and not all of our guys are 100%.  That being said, we are in really good shape other than Hunter/Race.  Every team has injuries throughout the year, and I'm just glad its not Romeo, Juwan, or RP.  Sure, Hunter may have had an impact on the level of those guys, but he also might have just been 6th or 7th man with typical Freshman issues.  Losing one "maybe starter" and one end of bench player is not too shabby at this point, in my opinion!

11 minutes ago, JEFFVETTE said:

Sorry if already asked.

Why can we know Race has a concussion, but Jerome falls under HIPPA??

They both fall under HIPAA. All medical information is protected by HIPAA.

Race and Jerome are the owners of that information and have the rights regarding whether or not that information becomes public knowledge. I'm sure there is a reason why they decided (I'm sure with feedback from IU and their families) to go the route they did.

3 minutes ago, mjeze106 said:

They both fall under HIPAA. All medical information is protected by HIPAA.

Race and Jerome are the owners of that information and have the rights regarding whether or not that information becomes public knowledge. I'm sure there is a reason why they decided (I'm sure with feedback from IU and their families) to go the route they did.

Is this your opinion or something you know as a fact? I have a hard time believing that the football team goes up to each injured player and asks them to waive their HIPAA rights before Tom Allen gives an injury report.

2 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Is this your opinion or something you know as a fact? I have a hard time believing that the football team goes up to each injured player and asks them to waive their HIPAA rights before Tom Allen gives an injury report.

I mean, it's possible that the whole football (or basketball) team signs something that allows the coach/athletic department to release that information. I have no inside knowledge on how that works.

But the patient first starts with the rights to their medical information.

31 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Nah, I think he's on the money. HIPPA guarantees privacy of medical information unless the owner (the subject) wishes to disclose.There are legal documents providing access to medical information expressly to parties one would designate, though I'm still not certain the power extends to the additional parties being permitted to disclose publicly. 

I am in the middle of a personal injury thing, personally, and I have granted my lawyer access to all of my medical files through powers of attorney forms which grants him access to the files. Still not sure what all he is legally allowed to do with the information, though. 

Just now, zerawkid said:

Nah, I think he's on the money. HIPPA guarantees privacy of medical information unless the owner (the subject) wishes to disclose.There are legal documents providing access to medical information expressly to parties one would designate, though I'm still not certain the power extends to the additional parties being permitted to disclose publicly. 

I am in the middle of a personal injury thing, personally, and I have granted my lawyer access to all of my medical files through powers of attorney forms which grants him access to the files. Still not sure what all he is legally allowed to do with the information, though. 

It doesn't make sense unless the players waive their right.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why is it any of our business on what is wrong with Jerome or any other player

Wow, man!

It's a question about rules over anything else. As far as "our" business, all any of us are doing is speculating the well being of a young man starting his life after high school.

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. Sheesh!

5 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

It doesn't make sense unless the players waive their right.

What doesn't make sense, DJ? That we know about concussion protocol on the one hand but we don't know about blood clots(?) on the other hand? It makes sense if you simply consider that one family has probably determined that disclosing concussion symptoms is alright by them but keeping the details of a more significant injury under wraps is the purview of a separate family. 

24 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

What doesn't make sense, DJ? That we know about concussion protocol on the one hand but we don't know about blood clots(?) on the other hand? It makes sense if you simply consider that one family has probably determined that disclosing concussion symptoms is alright by them but keeping the details of a more significant injury under wraps is the purview of a separate family. 

I’m sure the family gave their input, but the decision was ultimately the teams. 

Archived