Injuries

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I hesitate in even posting this but apparently his Aunt posted on facebook that he's fine ready to go. No clue on the validity which is why I'm hesitant in bringing this up. The long break after Jacksonville couldn't come at a better time. 

The schedule has been very forgiving this year considering this ordeal with injuries. 

4 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

The schedule has been very forgiving this year considering this ordeal with injuries. 

Indeed we have been fortunate. I will say playing Duke when we did wasn't ideal with guys like Green, McRoberts, and Davis not really up to speed but then again....the way we turned it over nothing was saving us from that beat down. If we can get everyone healthy headed into B1G play we couldn't ask for anything more.

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I hesitate in even posting this but apparently his Aunt posted on facebook that he's fine ready to go. No clue on the validity which is why I'm hesitant in bringing this up. The long break after Jacksonville couldn't come at a better time. 

Good news.  I was told that as of Wednesday, this week, he was still kind of "wonky"... but was improving daily.

Think IU will be proceeding on the side of caution, keeping him out of the JU game.  But, who knows, these days ?

Agree with you, the long break can't but help, not only with him, but for the entire team.

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Good news.  I was told that as of Wednesday, this week, he was still kind of "wonky"... but was improving daily.

Think IU will be proceeding on the side of caution, keeping him out of the JU game.  But, who knows, these days ?

Agree with you, the long break can't but help, not only with him, but for the entire team.

It does seem the coaching staff has been doing a great job of not rushing players back risking further injury!

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Great news. I just hope they don't come back flat after the holidays. We've built some good momentum...like us to continue it as we hit the hard part of our schedule.

10 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

It does seem the coaching staff has been doing a great job of not rushing players back risking further injury!

I'm getting a vibe that has zero reasoning behind it....but after Wilson stuff....I'm getting the feeling that when it comes to injuries IU is saying be conservative and keep players out for longer. Just a feeling. 

16 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Hearing that Rob P. is still under concussion protocol.  And though not back to 100%, is beginning to feel better, daily. Expect him to be held out of the Jacksonville game.  And then with a long break before conference play resumes in January.... expect him to return.... fully recovered.

Im not a doctor by no means,but i just dont understand why players are getting concussions, IU has 2 players on protocol, 10 years ago you never heard of that....you would think after every boxing match both fighters would have concussions..idk maybe its bad luck on IU part..Thompson has missed 10-11 games already and its going to get to a point he might as well sit for the rest of the year and apply for a 6th year.

14 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm getting a vibe that has zero reasoning behind it....but after Wilson stuff....I'm getting the feeling that when it comes to injuries IU is saying be conservative and keep players out for longer. Just a feeling. 

Yeah...I think you make a very good and important point here.

1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

Im not a doctor by no means,but i just dont understand why players are getting concussions, IU has 2 players on protocol, 10 years ago you never heard of that....you would think after every boxing match both fighters would have concussions..idk maybe its bad luck on IU part..Thompson has missed 10-11 games already and its going to get to a point he might as well sit for the rest of the year and apply for a 6th year.

Two words for you: Bobby Wilkerson.  But, yes it does seem like they happen much more frequently in basketball.

16 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Very true and a valid line of thinking.  But one could also point to the NFL as well as shining a light as to the seriousness of the condition.

3 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Because they previously went undiagnosed. And that’s why boxers always get punch drunk. 

28 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Because they previously went undiagnosed. And that’s why boxers always get punch drunk. 

Hitting your head on a hardwood floor especially given how far some of these guys fall (with no helmet or padding) to me warrant plenty of concern. I agree they probably just walked it off in the old days (as I did) but the awareness and honestly the ability to monitor and treat them is all the reason to take your time and make sure symptoms don't linger for months. These things can have after affects that go on for awhile...and if some treatment early means limiting the affect...I'm all for it.

35 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

This.

Concussions have been misdiagnosed or undiagnosed dramatically for decades. We are getting more cautious and/or better at effectively detecting them.

If it’s me and my brain was literally injured, I’d err on the side of caution too.

29 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Sitting in an Uber heading to BJs Brewhouse before the game. My driver (not kev...I think) told me that he just gave Jerome Hunter a ride right before he picked me up. Jerome told him that he is redshirting this year. 

Question .  Do all Uber drivers in B-town stalk IU players ?

J/K.... thanks for the intel. 

By the way.  BJ's.  Good choice. For a chain, food is very good.

47 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Sitting in an Uber heading to BJs Brewhouse before the game. My driver (not kev...I think) told me that he just gave Jerome Hunter a ride right before he picked me up. Jerome told him that he is redshirting this year. 

Been thinking that for awhile, but then you'd have different members post positive stuff and muddy the waters...

Hate to see a guy have to take a redshirt year because of this, but I'm pulling for this kid. Somewhat selfishly, I was REALLY looking forward to seeing he and Romeo on the court at the same time. But maybe this is a blessing in disguise. JH will have a partial year of practice under his belt and a full year of being around the team, learning the system. He may provide the instant scoring that will leave with RL going to the draft. Just trying to look at the bright side. 

24 minutes ago, Muckraker said:

Hunter has missed so much of the season, I think it would be a mistake not to redshirt him. 

I don’t think he is a 4 year player. He is very talented. I don’t think we get more than 3 years out of him before he goes pro regardless. So if he can help us later in the year I say play him. He has a skill set not sure anyone on the team has.

Archived