Injuries

53 minutes ago, Muckraker said:

Hunter has missed so much of the season, I think it would be a mistake not to redshirt him. 

Why? We don't know when he will be good to go, but let's say it's in the next month for sake of conversation; do you not think he could help us at the 2 or 3 even if just for 15 minutes per game? What if that's the difference in winning the conference or making an Elite 8? I feel like that COULD be the type of margins we are playing with, assuming he is healthy. 

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I don’t think he is a 4 year player. He is very talented. I don’t think we get more than 3 years out of him before he goes pro regardless. So if he can help us later in the year I say play him. He has a skill set not sure anyone on the team has.

I've only seen random highlight clips of Hunter's games, so I know very little about his skill set. I know even less about how long he will be a Hoosier. With that said I just hope for the best possible outcome for him and the team. If that means redshirting him this year, I have no problem with that. If he can come back and be a real difference maker this year, so much the better. Good news is, I trust the current staff to make the right decision.

26 minutes ago, Muckraker said:

I've only seen random highlight clips of Hunter's games, so I know very little about his skill set. I know even less about how long he will be a Hoosier. With that said I just hope for the best possible outcome for him and the team. If that means redshirting him this year, I have no problem with that. If he can come back and be a real difference maker this year, so much the better. Good news is, I trust the current staff to make the right decision.

Agreed I trust the staff. He is good enough to start for us. He won the gold jersey in practice right before they discovered his leg injury. That said sitting out so long it would be hard for him to get back into game shape so I imagine he would have a bench role if he did come back but he is so athletic and has a pretty refined game no doubt he could help us. Whatever happens I just hope he gets healthy and back to the court soon!

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Why? We don't know when he will be good to go, but let's say it's in the next month for sake of conversation; do you not think he could help us at the 2 or 3 even if just for 15 minutes per game? What if that's the difference in winning the conference or making an Elite 8? I feel like that COULD be the type of margins we are playing with, assuming he is healthy. 

I completely agree with this train of thought.  But the kicker is....Does Archie think he has enough in the arsenal without Jerome?  

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

I don’t think he is a 4 year player. He is very talented. I don’t think we get more than 3 years out of him before he goes pro regardless. So if he can help us later in the year I say play him. He has a skill set not sure anyone on the team has.

see, i go along these lines.  so many of these kids don't stay for 4 years anyway, so "wasting a year" isn't as big of a deal.  odds are he'll want to be testing the waters at the end of 4 years anyway.  

I disagree. He is a long, long way from being in game shape. The surgery and his condition were serious. We’re already 11 games into the season. The team is making decisions based on what’s best for him. No reason to rush him back or play him late in the season with the idea he’ll leave after 3 anyway. When he comes back he’ll be 100 percent and ready for a full season 

30 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I disagree. He is a long, long way from being in game shape. The surgery and his condition were serious. We’re already 11 games into the season. The team is making decisions based on what’s best for him. No reason to rush him back or play him late in the season with the idea he’ll leave after 3 anyway. When he comes back he’ll be 100 percent and ready for a full season 

Yeah we have yet to hear of him doing even non contact or cardio. If he’s able let him work on shooting and ball handling but at this point just hope he’s ready to go next year. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Danomatic said:

Yes, anyone have any updates on the boys? Will Rob play Thursday? Has Hunter officially been redshirted? Is Race near a return?

I don't know that it's yet official but Hunter himself has supposedly told multiple people he is redshirting. 

15 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

What is going on with these concussions? Phinisee barely gets tapped on the head, and now he’s out for two weeks and maybe longer?  Ridiculous.  I’m starting to suspect that the situation with Kevin Wilson has something to do with this.

If RP cant go I really hope he has to fight like crazy to try and win back his starting position.  If that's the case that means good Devonte has shown up.

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Heard Fisch on Rico,'s show the other day and he said expect both Race and Hunter to redshirt

I have a show?  News to me!  LOL

Race is an interesting one, seeing as how he already has redshirted.  So he would have to get a medical one.

Archived