Injuries

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Romeo's comment after the game about RP being out for awhile doesn't seem positive. Should we just assume that RP will be out until Mid February?

Have to believe at this point this is IU's doing and internal head injury protocol/policy.  He barely bumped his head.  

Thanks a lot kevin Wilson and that quarterback???

33 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yeah Screw Rob Phinisee and his long term mental health. I don’t care if he’s suicidal 15 years from now. Me wanna win basketball games now. 

Thats sarcasm btw

I think it's more to blame of a lawsuit happy culture. 

Did you think the hit he took was severe?

I wasn't trying to make it a laughing matter.  

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I think it's more to blame of a lawsuit happy culture. 

Did you think the hit he took was severe?

I wasn't trying to make it a laughing matter.  

At this point multiple doctors will have diagnosed him with a concussion. So yeah I think the hit was severe. Despite not looking like it. 

14 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

At this point multiple doctors will have diagnosed him with a concussion. So yeah I think the hit was severe. Despite not looking like it. 

I agree.....the only thing is we just don't know what symptoms he is suffering. By ALL MEANS I want to protect the kid....but if he is feeling fine and recovered and wants to play and is symptom free but this is just lawyer stuff....I would then NOT BE HAPPY. We don't know....so I assume he still has symptoms and needs held out....but if I find out different...then I and others would understand the anger....including from Robert!

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I agree.....the only thing is we just don't know what symptoms he is suffering. By ALL MEANS I want to protect the kid....but if he is feeling fine and recovered and wants to play and is symptom free but this is just lawyer stuff....I would then NOT BE HAPPY. We don't know....so I assume he still has symptoms and needs held out....but if I find out different...then I and others would understand the anger....including from Robert!

Without getting into the lawyer stuff, many on here are aware of what I went through at tail end of July.  Brain surgery due to blunt force head trauma.  I have no idea what caused it.  The doctors can only guess that it was there for awhile.  But they cut and drilled into my skull.  The events are sketchy at best from my end.  I can only rely on my family and friends to fill in the voids.  So I will tell what I do know from my memory banks.  I was staying in Fort Wayne at a friend's house because I had several appointments there.  After the last appointment me and my friend went out to eat and then I packed and started heading home.  I knew I was out of beer and smokes on the drive, was going to stop somewhere and get some.  But my head starting spinning.  Don't remember getting home, but I did.  According to sources, a week later my daughter came over and found me unresponsive on the floor.  She called 911.  The next thing I know is that I wake up in the hospital with 15 staples in my head and two tubes sticking out of it.

So I take that concussion stuff pretty seriously now.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Looks can be deceiving. I recall Dale Earnhardt dying in a crash that looked like a minor brush with the wall. This led to significant changes in Nascar's safety rules.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see high school and college basketball and soccer players wearing head gear in the near future.

It was really good to see Rob on the bench laughing with his teammates, though.

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am pretty sure I heard last night that one of the announcers said that RP was ready to go but the doctors would not clear him yet.

I missed hearing that.  But, what I did read was Archie saying he saw a smile from Rob P. for the first time, in a long time. 

Is Race at least practicing? I have nerve seen a concussion take this long to get over! This kid hasn’t played in a game for what two years now. Redshirted last year an a concussion this year. You know they wear a mask for a broken nose , goggles to protect the eyes. How about one of those wrestlers helmets to protect his head. Just an ideal, 

4 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

I don't think announcers should make the statement that a player is "ready to go" if the doctors are saying otherwise.

Ready to go can mean different things to different people.  Last night, in bed, I told the wife I was 'ready to go'.  She got up, left the room for a few minutes, and came back with a suitcase and told me to leave.

4 hours ago, rico said:

Without getting into the lawyer stuff, many on here are aware of what I went through at tail end of July.  Brain surgery due to blunt force head trauma.  I have no idea what caused it.  The doctors can only guess that it was there for awhile.  But they cut and drilled into my skull.  The events are sketchy at best from my end.  I can only rely on my family and friends to fill in the voids.  So I will tell what I do know from my memory banks.  I was staying in Fort Wayne at a friend's house because I had several appointments there.  After the last appointment me and my friend went out to eat and then I packed and started heading home.  I knew I was out of beer and smokes on the drive, was going to stop somewhere and get some.  But my head starting spinning.  Don't remember getting home, but I did.  According to sources, a week later my daughter came over and found me unresponsive on the floor.  She called 911.  The next thing I know is that I wake up in the hospital with 15 staples in my head and two tubes sticking out of it.

You were on the floor for a week?

52 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

You were on the floor for a week?

According to my family, no.  But according to the neurosurgeon, I was 2 days away from death.  I got pieces there I can somewhat remember, but for the most part I am missing a month out of my life.  My parents were over the day before and said I looked good but was acting strangely.  All I got on my end.  

5 hours ago, rico said:

Wow, I missed that.  I’m glad you’re ok now, my friend!

Archived