Injuries

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Large percentage of US played Sports growing up. No one wants to sit out especially not highly competitive guys who want to win.  

If this is a lawyer driven protocol what happens when these guys start faking or lying about injuries so they don't have to sit out and miss time.  Did you see stars?  Nope.  Any headaches?  Nope.   Have you felt nauseous? Nope. Any sensitivity to Bright Light? Nope.

Look out if this team can get healthy by early February and stay healthy throughout

When asked about De'Ron Davis' return after the Michigan game, Coach Miller's  response was :  "We are not sure.  We will have to see how the week goes."

Gotta say, ( and yes ,I am one of De'Ron's biggest fans), that I felt he would have made a HUGE difference when Juwan sat in the first half with two quick fouls.

Get well De'Ron.... we need you to make a difference make in the upcoming Maryland game. 

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

When asked about De'Ron Davis' return after the Michigan game, Coach Miller's  response was :  "We are not sure.  We will have to see how the week goes."

Gotta say, ( and yes ,I am one of De'Ron's biggest fans), that I felt he would have made a HUGE difference when Juwan sat in the first half with two quick fouls.

Get well De'Ron.... we need you to make a difference make in the upcoming Maryland game. 

I think Davis may be the key to this team. A stronger presence in the middle could make all the difference. Just a few buckets, a few boards every half. So, yeah, get well. I'm troubled by his health issues though.

48 minutes ago, Mac said:

I think Davis may be the key to this team. A stronger presence in the middle could make all the difference. Just a few buckets, a few boards every half. So, yeah, get well. I'm troubled by his health issues though.

A healthy Davis will be a must against Ward, Tillman and K. Wesson

The fact that this is perhaps the longest and long running thread on the front page just shows how frustrating and excruciating this season has been with injuries. I agree we could field a team with our injured and it would likely still beat Creans last squad. I can only hope we finally get to see this team fully healthy at some point this season.

26 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Don’t worry guys, I’m sure Tim Garl will be rubbing a frozen Dixie cup on all of the players’ limbs and foreheads for a couple of hours a day all week.  They’ll all be good to go by Friday.

Dixie cup?  I think we need pixie dust.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nfl-drops-its-appeal-of-dementia-claims-in-1-billion-concussion-suit-2019-01-10

This may provide some rationale as to why there is such a conservative protocol plan.

Yes, the above article references pro athletes, but I don't think it's too far-fetched to believe that college athletes may follow with a similar suit. With the amount of money awarded here, I could easily understand athletic departments wanting to be overly cautious, and making sure that they cross all the t's and dot all the i's to provide significant paper trail if/when a lawsuit arises.

I know people keep complaining about when these players with concussions will be back in. Every person is different and each injury has it's own unique issue or brain malfunction. I too, am getting frustrated over how long it is taking these players to recover. I, personally have had 2 concussions, both before the age of 10 and I am 50 years old now. I sometimes have residual effects from those injuries so long ago. I wanted to know what the NCAA's protocol to handling this type of injury and I was surprised as to how in depth and methodical it was. Take a peak.

http://www.ncaa.org/sport-science-institute/concussion-diagnosis-and-management-best-practices

When my current wife at the time (#3) caught me with my former wife (#2), I tried to blame it on lingering effects from a previous concussion.

Unfortunately, my excuse did not stop her from giving me a new one.  

But, despite those blows to the head, as you all know, I've turned out to be perfectly normal.

This isn't what any of us want to hear, but this is what the Mayo Clinic says about post-concussion syndrome:

Post-concussion syndrome is a complex disorder in which various symptoms — such as headaches and dizziness — last for weeks and sometimes months after the injury that caused the concussion.

Concussion is a mild traumatic brain injury that usually happens after a blow to the head. It can also occur with violent shaking and movement of the head or body. You don't have to lose consciousness to get a concussion or post-concussion syndrome. In fact, the risk of post-concussion syndrome doesn't appear to be associated with the severity of the initial injury.

In most people, symptoms occur within the first seven to 10 days and go away within three months. Sometimes, they can persist for a year or more.

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This isn't what any of us want to hear, but this is what the Mayo Clinic says about post-concussion syndrome:

Post-concussion syndrome is a complex disorder in which various symptoms — such as headaches and dizziness — last for weeks and sometimes months after the injury that caused the concussion.

Concussion is a mild traumatic brain injury that usually happens after a blow to the head. It can also occur with violent shaking and movement of the head or body. You don't have to lose consciousness to get a concussion or post-concussion syndrome. In fact, the risk of post-concussion syndrome doesn't appear to be associated with the severity of the initial injury.

In most people, symptoms occur within the first seven to 10 days and go away within three months. Sometimes, they can persist for a year or more.

😁😁

Archived