Injuries

42 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Some kid who makes poor choices ...😁

Indeed. It was kind of strange watching Bryce Drew post game interview and talking about the game and the injury. He was smiling and answering questions like nothing happened. Maybe that's just how he carries himself regardless of the situations, but I was thinking, 'What's so funny? You just lost a home game to Kent State and your best player went down.' He seemed like a slick sales man. 

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Indeed. It was kind of strange watching Bryce Drew post game interview and talking about the game and the injury. He was smiling and answering questions like nothing happened. Maybe that's just how he carries himself regardless of the situations, but I was thinking, 'What's so funny? You just lost a home game to Kent State and your best player went down.' He seemed like a slick sales man. 

Maybe a bit of relief, figuring he now has a built-in excuse for the rest of the season....

51 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Let’s be honest...there is basically no expectations for sports at Vanderbilt...honestly don’t know why the SEC doesn’t force them to upgrade their facilities etc to stay in the conference. Acedmics are top notch obviously but even Northwestern has put money into their programs. Who knows what Vanderbilt does with their money they get.

2 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Probably shouldn't put this here but it is about injury...Darius Garland is out indefinitely with a knee injury 

No, no, no.  Thread title is injuries. Your post has every right to be here.  Kid who grew up in Indiana. And had an offer from IU. So there is a connection.  A kid I really wanted to see in Candy Stripes, due to his Indiana connection. And a kid who is a projected NBA pick. 

And, I want to thank you for putting posting this unfortunate situation about Darius.  I just wonder, what, if any impact it will have on his NBA hopes.

Last, all I can say, is I am sorry for Darius.  Hope he recovers, so we get a chance to see him before the season ends. 

10 hours ago, milehiiu said:

No, no, no.  Thread title is injuries. Your post has every right to be here.  Kid who grew up in Indiana. And had an offer from IU. So there is a connection.  A kid I really wanted to see in Candy Stripes, due to his Indiana connection. And a kid who is a projected NBA pick. 

And, I want to thank you for putting posting this unfortunate situation about Darius.  I just wonder, what, if any impact it will have on his NBA hopes.

Last, all I can say, is I am sorry for Darius.  Hope he recovers, so we get a chance to see him before the season ends. 

As some one said it is a meniscus injury in his left leg.

As far as the NBA goes, I think he will be fine.

19 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

Prior to Hunter's medical procedure, was he out of all basketball activities? I know he wasn't practicing, but was he able to at least shoot on the side, or did they shut him down completely? 

Not sure. But know he was a gold jersey recipient right before games began 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Can't take credit for it. It was on his instagram. Unclear if it means ok to practice, or play against Duke. 

I keep thinking that Archie is keeping all injured player status very close lipped. It helps keep more of a mystery for Duke as to who we may put out on the floor. Although, I really do not know if it would really help us anyway. Couldn't hurt though.

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I tore my ACL in 1990 was out 16 months total.  Tore meniscus in 1996 had surgery on a Monday was back playing that Saturday at Gus Macker tournament.  In 2008 I had a player tear his ACL in game 1 came back around game 15. 

I would guess since we were not lottery picks the time table is a little different. Wish him well should be no issue for his future. 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I tore my ACL in 1990 was out 16 months total.  Tore meniscus in 1996 had surgery on a Monday was back playing that Saturday at Gus Macker tournament.  In 2008 I had a player tear his ACL in game 1 came back around game 15. 

I would guess since we were not lottery picks the time table is a little different. Wish him well should be no issue for his future. 

Must be a medial meniscus and properly severe -- my oldest, when he was an elite soccer player, had two separate lateral meniscus tears and was back on the field from both after several weeks, but not months. A meniscus tear can be bad though, especially medial.

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Must be a medial meniscus and properly severe -- my oldest, when he was an elite soccer player, had two separate lateral meniscus tears and was back on the field from both after several weeks, but not months. A meniscus tear can be bad though, especially medial.

I tore my ACL and meniscus when in the Navy.  It took dozens of appointments and months before they finally relented and did an MRI.  Nine months later, finally, a surgery happened.  18 mos after the injury, my leg gained enough strength to be 90% of the other leg.  Sadly, 23 years later, I still cannot run or participate in any 'footwork' sports.

24 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

I tore my ACL and meniscus when in the Navy.  It took dozens of appointments and months before they finally relented and did an MRI.  Nine months later, finally, a surgery happened.  18 mos after the injury, my leg gained enough strength to be 90% of the other leg.  Sadly, 23 years later, I still cannot run or participate in any 'footwork' sports.

I understand your pain for sure. I am looking at double knee replacement just trying to get as many miles out of them as possible.  I was down so long with 1st ACL. now guys come back within the same season. Wonders of technology 

Archived